Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Booking as a couple when there's a waitlist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

My wife and I would like to fly from either LHR, CDG, ZRH or FRA to SYD or MEL in suites in early October next year. There is no award available for booking at the moment, everything is either not available, or waitlist. We would need to book the tickets from our respective Krisflyer accounts, as neither of us has enough miles to waitlist for both of us.

My plan for the moment is to book a route in business, having waitlisted for every feasible suites booking. However, it leaves me with the risk that one of the waitlisted tickets will clear, and the other won't, potentially putting us on different flights, which we don't want to do.

Is there any way around this or any way I can try to get both waitlisted flights to clear? I don't have status with any airline, so there's not much I can say on the phone, apart from to beg, as it's the trip of a lifetime for us! Thanks.

Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
To be honest there's not much you can do except call and beg from time to time. However I would also suggest:
- Being flexible with dates-- look at awards as space is released
- Being flexible with routing-- would you be willing to let's say, fly LH First to HKG/ PVG/ DXB for example, and then fly SQ onwards?
- If you somehow happen to be in Singapore a month or less out from when you want to fly, try the physical Singapore Airlines service centre in ION Orchard, they can sometimes do more if you tell them exactly how much flexibility you have in person
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
As Unionruler says its tricky, and harder without status.

My only suggestion is that if one waitlist clears phone in and ask for the reservations to be linked and for a chaser to be sent to for the second booking.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:44 pm

Just to help you. Went to search couple of date.

30/9 CDG to MEL - 2 saver seats available.
1/10 CDG to MEL - 2 savers seats available
15/10 , 16/10 ,17/10 ,18/10, CDG to MEL. 2 saver seats available.
SQ335/SQ217. Both are A380 (old suites though).
I think you need to be flexible on the date
LHR n ZRH will be difficult esp on the new suites
FRA (sq25/26)is also very popular.

Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, I'll cross my fingers. There's only so much flexibility I can build in due to work commitments, I'll have to hope additional seats get released over the next 10 months or so I guess.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:20 pm

Are the new suites even bookable in saver?? I tried so many dates and destinations, it just shows 'unavailable'. Not even waitlist.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by w4rd
My only suggestion is that if one waitlist clears phone in and ask for the reservations to be linked and for a chaser to be sent to for the second booking.
Also, I've done is when one clears with a second on waitlist, I'd call in and get the ticketing deadline for the first one extended. Reason being waiting for the second one to clear, they would do it, so that you do not have to ticket the first one, then risk cancelling it if the second one does not clear.
w4rd likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:16 am
Original Poster

How long is the ticketing deadline when you're offered a to book? Were they happy to extend indefinitely as there is no guarantee that the second waitlist will clear...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.