Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

TR8122 / SQ8122 - Scoot seemingly replaced with SQ charter

TR8122 / SQ8122 - Scoot seemingly replaced with SQ charter

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Happy to answer any questions.
Thanks Ikar - I'll be in the same boat in a couple of weeks - whats bugged me has been the almost complete absence of communication from Scoot - tickets booked November, early Dec get 'schedule change' email (when they presumably decided on the charter) and only now, under a week before the outbound flight told about the charter, after worrying that my flight would be cancelled (with "at least 48 hours notice" the call centre told me!) and I'd miss my onward connection to Europe the following day..

I'm also in ScootBiz - is there a separate check in, or is it all one scrum?

Also where is liquids screening in SYD - ie can I take bottles bigger than 100ml onto the plane?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kuningan
Thanks Ikar - I'll be in the same boat in a couple of weeks - whats bugged me has been the almost complete absence of communication from Scoot - tickets booked November, early Dec get 'schedule change' email (when they presumably decided on the charter) and only now, under a week before the outbound flight told about the charter, after worrying that my flight would be cancelled (with "at least 48 hours notice" the call centre told me!) and I'd miss my onward connection to Europe the following day..

I'm also in ScootBiz - is there a separate check in, or is it all one scrum?

Also where is liquids screening in SYD - ie can I take bottles bigger than 100ml onto the plane?
There was a separate line for Scootbiz. The issue for us was finding the check in counter, which took a few minutes. But once we got there, check in was fast. Security screening at SYD was at the entrance to the airside area and they did have a prohibition on liquids over 100 ml.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by lkar
Security screening at SYD was at the entrance to the airside area and they did have a prohibition on liquids over 100 ml.
Thank you. But once I'm past security and into Duty Free I can take liquids greater than 100ml onto the aircraft (i.e. there isn't any gate screening as in SIN)?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by kuningan
Thank you. But once I'm past security and into Duty Free I can take liquids greater than 100ml onto the aircraft (i.e. there isn't any gate screening as in SIN)?
Oh, I see. No, there wasn't for us.

I would think Sydney would be quite resistant to any rules that might tend to impinge in any way on the ability of passengers to shop. Indeed, as far as I could tell, the SYD business model is to create a massive shopping mall with occasional interruptions for airplane gates.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:47 am

Seems like this arrangement will continue through February - seat maps for the SQ replacement flights are loaded in Expertflyer through to end of the month
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:55 am

Luggage?

Hi, we are flying tomorrow and we finally understand the on board arrangements. What about luggage allowance? Do you get what you paid for on scoot or SQ baggage allowance? Thanks lots
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Louise Lee
Hi, we are flying tomorrow and we finally understand the on board arrangements. What about luggage allowance? Do you get what you paid for on scoot or SQ baggage allowance? Thanks lots
We got the scootbiz baggage allowance, which was 30 kg each. We had not paid for extra.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: KF
Originally Posted by Louise Lee
Just asked at the Sydney counter... Was told min 35kg allowance regardless of prior baggage purchased.. those who purchased could ask for refund
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:13 pm

Just to circle back on our experience SIN-SYD - all good! Most covered but a few pointers
  • they had been calling us in advance to swap dates and they were still looking for volunteers at check in to travel the next day via Perth and Virgin Australia onwards. Not sure if there were eventually any invol offloads but I wouldn't leave it too late to check in
  • As we were on seperate bookings we had been separated. However she said she would try resolve before we got to the gate and we had indeed been reseated at boarding. We further swapped on board to accomodate a family who were split between the two biz sections
  • There was a pillow and a blanket provided. IFE was on moving map which meant the power worked (I guess this will be YMMV)
  • Service was great considering their "tools" - a juice and water run then lights out, the crew were in good spirits and checking people could use the controls etc. A decent economy breakfast (eggs or noodles) served 2hrs out from Sydney and very proactive with extra juices and coffees
  • Bags tagged as SQ Business and were first on the belt in Sydney
All in all a very decent flight considering the price paid. Coming back as a day flight I would make sure I stocked up on extra drinks and snacks but of course no problem doing that in Sydney as security is before the departure lounge shops.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
CNY Escape

Booked the ~midnight Scoot (TR2) flight to Sydney for 2 pax over CNY (Feb 1st) back in December for around $450. Here's what happened:

-Received an email days later that the flight was postponed to 2:30am. Sigh.

-Received a call days later asking if i was willing to rebook my flight to a later date for a $250 voucher. I declined.

-Received an email days before the flight that it was now operated by SQ. Yay.

-Arrived early at the airport for checkin. Was approached by ground staff saying they are looking for volunteers to fly the next afternoon to Perth, an overnight stay in Perth and an early morning flight to Sydney incl. a cash payment of $1000, a night in Furama Riverside hotel and a hotel in Perth. After a 2 minute debate, we took the offer and were brought to a counter which already had 20+ people waiting for their cash and tickets.

When it was out turn they told us they no longer had tickets for the Scoot flight to Perth. Instead however they booked us onto SQ231 (A380) the next day, lol.

Collected our $2000, had a cab paid to and from the hotel, breakfast and flew to Sydney the next evening. Even collected 3800 Miles for that, while only losing a $150 hotel night in Syd.

I have been offered cash ot vouchers before but never above $400 or so. So i felt that was hard to resist. From what I saw around 40 people took the offer that evening (saw most of them again for breakfast), sounds like amazing planning, lol.

Yet to return on SQ8122.

​​​​​​
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:01 am

Sounds like we were booked on the same flight SkyRunner04 - we didn't get the offer at check in (I think they weren't offering it to ScootBiz) but that sounds amazing!

Considering the loads on Australia flights in general and how overbooked the flight was I am surprised they or SQ just didn't add an extra flight somehow or at least incentive people more in advance - a pretty big and expensive mess to clean up at the airport in the end!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:17 pm

We were on TR3 / SQ8122 yesterday. Similar to earlier posts, we received a bland email a few weeks before travel details with limited details. A key message I picked up from the email was that only water would be served on the flight, no food or other beverages would be sold and we would be allowed to consume our own food on the flight. Since we were travelling Economy and had paid for only 20 kg of checkin bags between the three of us, and were overweight (29 kg), I was mentally prepared to pay the excess charges at the airport, but the lady at the counter asked me if I would want to check in my cabin baggage as well. She told me that we could carry upto 40 kg each - I never figured why (and did not want to risk asking her). On board, the IFE worked, but was an old system with more limited options than what you normally see on SQ. Legroom was better than I have experienced in other Scoot flights and even in SQ. Best of all, there was a full service of food and non alcoholic beverages, and the cabin crew was as good as in an SQ flight. Overall it was a great flight and definitely an "upgrade" from Scoot.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyg901
  • Service was great considering their "tools" - a juice and water run then lights out
I have a family member booked on an upcoming SYD-SIN flight that has been switched to SQ metal.

I'm curious what the service will be like as it is a day flight. They mention that water will be available and people are welcome to bring their own food/snacks, and to observe regulations concerning liquids. It is also stated that drinks with ALCOHOL will not be served on this flight.

Seems odd to pass up an opportunity to cash in on booze sales on a noon take-off from Sydney. Does that mean quite a few pax will be consuming their duty-free purchases onboard with crew turning a blind eye unless someone's volume level draws attention?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by aster
I have a family member booked on an upcoming SYD-SIN flight that has been switched to SQ metal.

I'm curious what the service will be like as it is a day flight. They mention that water will be available and people are welcome to bring their own food/snacks, and to observe regulations concerning liquids. It is also stated that drinks with ALCOHOL will not be served on this flight.

Seems odd to pass up an opportunity to cash in on booze sales on a noon take-off from Sydney. Does that mean quite a few pax will be consuming their duty-free purchases onboard with crew turning a blind eye unless someone's volume level draws attention?

hi , have ur family flew the flight? is food provided onboard?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Lbs890213
hi , have ur family flew the flight? is food provided onboard?
scroll up to post #27 . There is a recent update.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.