Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Is 1:40 min enough to connect KLM - SQ in MAN airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold

Hello,
Flying AMS - MAN - IAH in a month. AMS - MAN is with KL, MAN - IAH is with SQ. The ticket was bought on Kayak.
Is 1:40 enough to connect? I have only carry on language...

Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by rebech34
Hello,
Flying AMS - MAN - IAH in a month. AMS - MAN is with KL, MAN - IAH is with SQ. The ticket was bought on Kayak.
Is 1:40 enough to connect? I have only carry on language...

Thanks
The minimum connecting time required for KL to SQ at MAN is 1.10hrs.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Thank you!
Do you have any experience with this connection? Does it work? It looks like . there is a terminal change...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by rebech34
Thank you!
Do you have any experience with this connection? Does it work? It looks like . there is a terminal change...
Never been to MAN, as long as the flights are on time, there should be no problem.

Last edited by Tiger9119; Oct 11, 2018 at 12:11 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Tiger9119
Never been to MAN, as long as the flights are on time, there should be no problem. Never heard of the need to pay to transit in an airport, but I could be wrong. If there is a fee to be paid, the airlines would have collected from you when you purchased the tickets. Unless you are talking about the airport drop off charges for cars arriving at MAN airport.
There is a terminal change, not a terminal charge,!

It's about a 15 minute walk from T3 (KLM) to T2 (SQ), which involves a covered walkway and routing past T1. There is no sterile transfer so you will have to clear the UK Border. Are you travelling on an EU passport or otherwise entitled to use e-gates? The connection is tight but doable but I would classify it as reasonably high risk rather than comfortable - any delay on the KLM flight in or a bad queue at the UK border could very quickly eat into your time reserves, especially given you will need to allow 15 minutes to change terminals and you also need to reclear security at T2.
rebech34 likes this.

Last edited by Top of climb; Oct 10, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.