Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will we get access to the LAX J Lounge...???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:42 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

We are flying on a one-way SQ ticket DPS-LAX in J.

We are flying on a separate non-* Alliance flight home (AA) LAX-PHX about 5 hours after we arrive at LAX.

Will we get access to the SQ Lounge or any lounge at LAX?

I only know the rules for OW and SkyTeam.

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 355F1

We are flying on a separate non-* Alliance flight home (AA) LAX-PHX about 5 hours after we arrive at LAX.

SQ does not have a lounge at LAX. Its departing J, F, and *G pax have access to the LAX *A lounge. Because *A lounges are departure lounges, you will not have access on arrival (neither to the *A lounge nor any of the LAX partner lounges, which are operated by AC or UA).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze

Thanks!!!
Why would you even think you should/could have access to SQ or any *A lounge?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Because not everyone is intimately familiar with lounge access rules? Seems like a fair question to me.
cowie and united78 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:03 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Uh.,.,because I am flying international J...???? Why does that confuse you? Every airline offers lounge access to business class fliers.

On a side note, We are flying to Thailand in SQ F next month And I know we will get Lounge access at LAX.

I fly through AA/CX through LAX all the time and use the Qantas FC Lounge due to my OW EXP status but occasionally fly SQ in F or J outbound to Asia but haven’t ever flown SQ TO the US.

Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:03 am

Uh.,.,because I am flying international J...???? Why does that confuse you? Every airline offers lounge access to business class fliers.

On a side note, We are flying to Thailand in SQ F next month And I know we will get Lounge access at LAX.

I fly through AA/CX through LAX all the time and use the Qantas FC Lounge due to my OW EXP status but occasionally fly SQ in F or J outbound to Asia but haven’t ever flown SQ TO the US.

But those other situations are accessing a lounge on departure, right? Yes, every airline provides lounge access to DEPARTING J pax... Do you get lounge access at LAX arriving on CX and departing on..UA for instance? Because that is the comparision to make...not departing LAX to BKK....

Arrivals lounges these days are few and far between.....
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:45 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by trooper
But those other situations are accessing a lounge on departure, right? Yes, every airline provides lounge access to DEPARTING J pax... Do you get lounge access at LAX arriving on CX and departing on..UA for instance? Because that is the comparision to make...not departing LAX to BKK....

Arrivals lounges these days are few and far between.....
I normally connect to an alliance-matching carrier, meaning CX to AA, for example. So I always have lounge access.

It just so happens in this one case im using a different alliance. So I figured I’d ask.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:01 am

I normally connect to an alliance-matching carrier, meaning CX to AA, for example. So I always have lounge access.

It just so happens in this one case im using a different alliance. So I figured I’d ask.
Even if your domestic connection were on a *A partner, you would not get *A lounge access unless you hold *G status.

But it is worth asking
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:29 am

Yeah, star alliance and oneworld are different on this. Oneworld permits connecting passengers lounge access based on the international segment even if it comes before the connection, but star alliance does not.
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:48 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lkar
Yeah, star alliance and oneworld are different on this. Oneworld permits connecting passengers lounge access based on the international segment even if it comes before the connection, but star alliance does not.

This appears to be the exact truth!

Thank you for your post! ^^
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by lkar
True, but even under these oneworld rules the onwards flight needs to be on a oneworld carrier.
trooper likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lokijuh

True, but even under these oneworld rules the onwards flight needs to be on a oneworld carrier.
Correct.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Though many carriers provide arrivals access to their own J customers. List includes UA, CX, LH, LX, NH. I'm sure others. Problem here is SQ has no LAX lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Thanks!!!
Hi,

Not SQ related but as the OP has AA EXP in their profile they could try the Qantas J or F lounge in TBIT ( based on the AA LAX-PHX flight) . They could not access the AA lounge as the AA flight is purely domestic but the Qantas lounge is possible ( just need to ensure there is enough time to get to the gate -via the connector from TBIT to T4)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:09 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Not SQ related but as the OP has AA EXP in their profile they could try the Qantas J or F lounge in TBIT ( based on the AA LAX-PHX flight) . They could not access the AA lounge as the AA flight is purely domestic but the Qantas lounge is possible ( just need to ensure there is enough time to get to the gate -via the connector from TBIT to T4)

Regards

TBS
huh?

I use the Qantas FC Lounge at LAX every 2-3 months when flying One World.

How would I have access to it flying SQ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.