SQ Stopover time limit

Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

SQ Stopover time limit

Hi Expert Flyers,
Do you know is there is time limit on how long does SQ allow for stop over? I am planning to book 2 Saver Award from JFK-FRA-SIN-SGN, and pay $100 each pax for stop over in FRA for 9 days, is that possible? thanks for your advices
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
9 days should not be an issue assuming there is reward flight availability. I have had 3-4 months as stopovers and no issue.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: KF EG
I think the stopover limit is one year
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Have already booked trip JFK-FRA-SIN-BLA in February.

Is it possible to add a stop over in Frankfurt?

I see the ability to add the Singapore stopover but not for other cities on the Singapore airlines website?

Thanks for any help to the new kid on the block
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Yes you can add a stop in FRA as well - must pay the additional $100 fee (and possible FRA local airport taxes)
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Thanks, okay where do I find that information?

Is it on Singapore Airlines website or do I need to email them and request that?

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Having the same question - given that the ticket allows for a stopover (either free or paid), is there an official definition of the time limit we can refrer to? thx
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
The only time limit is the entire itinerary must be less than 12 months. I regularly have 6 month stopovers.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Interesting, I was told once (several years ago now) that I couldn't do a 6 month stopover on award ticket. On commercial tickets had no problems getting 11 month stopover in Singapore. But it was more a curiosity, so I didn't HUACA.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Interesting, I was told once (several years ago now) that I couldn't do a 6 month stopover on award ticket. On commercial tickets had no problems getting 11 month stopover in Singapore. But it was more a curiosity, so I didn't HUACA.
There's nothing I can find in any online commentary about KF one-way Awards that suggests that is still the case
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mnhusker
Have already booked trip JFK-FRA-SIN-BLA in February.

Is it possible to add a stop over in Frankfurt?

I see the ability to add the Singapore stopover but not for other cities on the Singapore airlines website?

Thanks for any help to the new kid on the block
As long as you can find availability, you can add a stopover. Saver one way doesn’t have free stopover. You’ll have to pay usd 100. Call them as I don’t think the website allows this feature for saver one way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.