Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Profile & OTP on web site

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Profile & OTP on web site

I've spent the entire morning attempting to update my profile. I get to the point of submitting my OTP and then "Just a moment, we'll take you there soon". But it doesn't. I reckon I've made almost a dozen attempts and all I get is the spinning circle - for minute after minute after minute. It's not my Internet connection; I've just done the standard tests and I'm getting 94Mps. Has anyone ever had success with this?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: SQ KF
Exclamation

Originally Posted by RTWFF
I've spent the entire morning attempting to update my profile. I get to the point of submitting my OTP and then "Just a moment, we'll take you there soon". But it doesn't. I reckon I've made almost a dozen attempts and all I get is the spinning circle - for minute after minute after minute. It's not my Internet connection; I've just done the standard tests and I'm getting 94Mps. Has anyone ever had success with this?
Hi RTWFF,

Silly question, but I take it you can receive OTP SMS messages in the first instance?

If not, ring the KF Contact Centre, and ask that they add parenthesis around your mobile number's country code (this tripped me up, about 24 hours after OTP launch, they helped me out after I sent a message to them. I pointed out it shouldn't matter in regards to parenthesis).

They took it under advisement.

Another thing to do is, remain on the tab (it sounds like you are, just trying to rule out issues), as there is a weird bug that causes an infinite loop if you navigate away while the "Just a moment, we'll take you there soon" screen is displaying, and come back.

It'll endlessly show "Just a moment, we'll take you there soon" in that situation.

If remaning on the tab doesn't help, try another browser like Chrome, and see how it goes.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by 9VSKI
If remaning on the tab doesn't help, try another browser like Chrome, and see how it goes.
That turned out to be the answer; in fact it was Chrome that was the problem. I used my standard InPrivate browser Epic this morning and it sailed through
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
I’ve had issues too, when I didn’t ‘remain in tab’..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.