SQ 21 SIN-EWR. What to expect.

Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

SQ 21 SIN-EWR. What to expect.

As I'm booked on this flight, and I am sure others are as well. I'm starting to wonder what one can expect in J on this flight.

1) Are meals Dine on Demand, and what to expect on this flight (eg: Dinner, Light lunch/snack, breakfast. More food options/less options than usual.)

2) Are there PJs on board? Enhanced Amenity Kits?

Any other things that may be done for this flight or have been done on uts orevious iteration.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
A search of the forum would have gotten you to a good start. Nobody actually knows about the future flights, but there is a lot of information about the past flights (link1) and (link2). Also, Google "SQ 21 trip report" or "SQ 22 trip report"
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:28 pm

Honestly I won't expect much knowing SQ.

The meals will be possibly similar to their current nonstop between SIN and SFO. Basically a full meal after takeoff, a meal in the middle of the flight, and then some kind of snacks throughout the flight.

Pajamas - not going to happen
Amenity kit - they don't have amenity kit in business class to begin with, so I don't expect SQ to be reintroducing them.

Just don't expect anything extra and you will be a happy passenger.

Carfield
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
A search of the forum would have gotten you to a good start. Nobody actually knows about the future flights, but there is a lot of information about the past flights (link1) and (link2). Also, Google "SQ 21 trip report" or "SQ 22 trip report"
Agreed, and I have read the other posts, I'm not asking about seats if there are any changes, but what people might expecting other than what has been done on the older flights. This is judging that service standards changed (debatable about whether improved or gone down hill) any things that may be introduced/reduced. Etc
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carfield
Honestly I won't expect much knowing SQ.

The meals will be possibly similar to their current nonstop between SIN and SFO. Basically a full meal after takeoff, a meal in the middle of the flight, and then some kind of snacks throughout the flight.

Pajamas - not going to happen
Amenity kit - they don't have amenity kit in business class to begin with, so I don't expect SQ to be reintroducing them.

Just don't expect anything extra and you will be a happy passenger.

Carfield
Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by KU104
As I'm booked on this flight, and I am sure others are as well. I'm starting to wonder what one can expect in J on this flight.

1) Are meals Dine on Demand, and what to expect on this flight (eg: Dinner, Light lunch/snack, breakfast. More food options/less options than usual.)

2) Are there PJs on board? Enhanced Amenity Kits?

Any other things that may be done for this flight or have been done on uts orevious iteration.
Book the Cook is available on the SIN-EWR. If you check your booking, there is a list of meals (3, I think) for which you can Book the Cook, or pick off the in-flight menu.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: EB Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
Book the Cook is available on the SIN-EWR. If you check your booking, there is a list of meals (3, I think) for which you can Book the Cook, or pick off the in-flight menu.
Which items are there? I can't find BTC on my booking in may.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
If you do go back and look at some of the older reviews/discussions of SQ 21/22 Id say due to the timetable reversal, the service pattern on the new SQ 21 will be more like the former SQ 22 and vice versa.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by maarstad
Which items are there? I can't find BTC on my booking in may.
If you are flying EWR-SIN, you won't find BTC yet.

On my SIN-EWR flight, there's a long list of items under six categories: Asian, Deliciously Wholesome, Indian, Japanese, Singaporean, Western.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm booked on SQ22 Singapore to Newark in January. I don't have the option to select BTC. The app says "our meal service is temporarily unavailable" . To far out?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:47 pm

Singapore Airlines is now allowing you to see the menu about three weeks to one month prior to flight.
so you can make the decision if you want to BTC or not.

But SQ's IT is not the greatest and the posting of actual menus varies. But if you check two weeks prior to flight, it should be pretty safe!

Carfield
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by JHake10
I'm booked on SQ22 Singapore to Newark in January. I don't have the option to select BTC. The app says "our meal service is temporarily unavailable" . To far out?
Originally Posted by Carfield
Singapore Airlines is now allowing you to see the menu about three weeks to one month prior to flight.
so you can make the decision if you want to BTC or not.

But SQ's IT is not the greatest and the posting of actual menus varies. But if you check two weeks prior to flight, it should be pretty safe!

Carfield
I'm flying in early December on SQ22, and I can see the BTC option for all three meals. I have picked an option, but lets see if it sticks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.