FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   New J Amenity kit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1928287-new-j-amenity-kit.html)

tboons Aug 31, 2018 11:55 am

New J Amenity kit?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...104e97ae56.jpg
New amenity kit? Received on Singapore - JNB

Troopers Aug 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Pouch looks identical to the 70th anniv pouch. What's inside?

carrotjuice Aug 31, 2018 2:26 pm

When did this start? Was on SIN-LHR night flight on 25 August and received no such thing!

tboons Aug 31, 2018 8:58 pm

1st Sept. Hmmmm no solution to wash off the clothes stain.

Hand cream, lip balm, hand sanitiser, tooh brush and tooth paste?

feizhu Sep 3, 2018 8:51 pm

Flew SIN-PER-SIN last week and didn't receive the amenity kit either. Have an upcoming flight to HKG so will confirm.

carrotjuice Sep 3, 2018 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 30154248)
1st Sept. Hmmmm no solution to wash off the clothes stain.

Hand cream, lip balm, hand sanitiser, tooh brush and tooth paste?

Wow. That does sound like a “proper” amenity kit that we have been berating SQ for the lack of all these years! Wonder what has made the around-turn?

And knowing that SQ is savvy enough to milk any media they can get their hands on, wonder why there wasn’t much publicity about it?

Would be good to know if this is available on all flights, or flights above X hours, or night flights only etc.

whughes3 Sep 4, 2018 3:01 am

I received one of these kits today on SQ238 MEL-SIN (about 7h 10m).

thomaslux Sep 4, 2018 6:38 am

Originally Posted by whughes3 (Post 30164657)
I received one of these kits today on SQ238 MEL-SIN (about 7h 10m).

Same flight on September 1 and no kit - interesting!

fimo Sep 4, 2018 8:44 am

I wonder if they found a stash in some warehouse and have randomly stocked some planes with them. LOL

jagmeets Sep 4, 2018 10:14 am

Got this on SIN-DEL a couple of days back..reads ‘Travel Gift Pack’.
Lip balm, hand cleanser, hand cream, dental kit, eye shade...and, a ziplock bag! (To enable transit security, perhaps?).
”Exclusively for Singapore Airlines”, the bottles have buzzproducts.com written on the back

shuuy Sep 4, 2018 10:47 am

Flew East Coast Australia-SIN on 2 September, no kit.
Great if they're back as I loved the 70th anniversary kits: perfect size for my travel cords, and the Laundress products are ace

WLG Base Sep 4, 2018 3:32 pm

I was on SQ247 SIN-MEL-WLG last week. Nothing received.

JetAway Sep 4, 2018 4:02 pm

Sounds like a vendor promotion and not a true SQ J amenity kit.

lokijuh Sep 4, 2018 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 30167561)

In the kit I saw (friends were given it on their flight from PEK), branding of all products was with SQ logo, would be a bizarre promotion where the most prominent brand was the SQ logo.

nanyang Sep 4, 2018 10:37 pm

Reminds me - flew IST-SIN on Sunday. Recall I saw this, but did not get down to opening it and left it somewhere on the plane.

Still surprised that some people want to get an amenity kit - world is full of 'stuff'.

thomaslux Sep 5, 2018 2:28 am

Soon to depart on another leg, will report back shortly

JetAway Sep 5, 2018 5:34 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 30168462)
In the kit I saw (friends were given it on their flight from PEK), branding of all products was with SQ logo, would be a bizarre promotion where the most prominent brand was the SQ logo.

A post upthread said all the products were from the same vendor.

thomaslux Sep 5, 2018 11:31 am

Nothing at all SIN > HKG

thomaslux Sep 6, 2018 2:30 am

Received the below email from SIA:

Singapore Airlines has recently conducted an amenity kit trial on some of our selected flights in Business Class. To help us improve on our products, we would like to invite you to fill up a short survey regarding the amenity kits you may have received on your flight Singapore Airlines SQxxx on xx/09/2018.

The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Please click here to do the survey.

Messages sent to this address and responses captured in the survey will not be answered to individually. Information collected will be used solely for research purposes.

If you have other feedback or queries, please visit us at www.singaporeair.com

Thank you for your participation and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

carrotjuice Sep 6, 2018 2:55 pm

Amenity kit trial - ah that explains it! :)

maestro1981 Sep 11, 2018 9:35 am

I just flew SQ242 from SYD-SIN and SQ366 from SIN-FCO and no amenity kit was available on either flight in J class.

SQ325 Sep 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 30167561)

Its a true SQ amenity kit. Looks cheap, though. No branded content.

Just surpised that the distribute the kit so randomly.
And f it is a trial, iam surprised that I didnt recieve a feedback fom.

HawaiiO May 8, 2019 10:39 pm

Does SQ still provide amenity kits in Biz or only in First?

Tks

maestro1981 May 8, 2019 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO (Post 31082050)
Does SQ still provide amenity kits in Biz or only in First?

I can confirm from recent flights that there are no longer amenity kits in Biz.

SQTraveller May 9, 2019 10:22 pm

I don't recall getting an amenity kit in J on any of my SQ flights in October last year [Singapore & London & New York on Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic]