Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn miles with KrisPay (digital wallet)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Earn miles with KrisPay (digital wallet)

Just got an e-mail from KrisFlyer offering me the opportunity to earn miles using KrisFlyer's new digital wallet. The text of the e-mail is below:

If you haven’t already tried our new digital wallet KrisPay, now’s the time to do so!Receive bonus miles when you pay for your purchases with KrisPay, starting from today till 20 October 2018.What’s more, stand a chance to win great prizes such as 80,000 KrisPay miles, a pair of SIA Business Class tickets and other prizes from KrisPay merchants in our monthly lucky draws and grand draw. The more you pay with KrisPay, the more chances you have of winning!Download the app to start using KrisPay now.

So, looks like you need to download their app. Their bonuses currently are: 150 bonus KrisPay miles when you make your first payment transaction* using KrisPay.

*Minimum payment is $5.

Get 1,000 bonus KrisPay miles after you make your next four payment transactions* using KrisPay.

*Minimum payment is $5.Stand a chance to win great prizes in our lucky draws, including 80,000 KrisPay miles every month and a pair of SIA Business Class tickets to Osaka!

Promotion ends 20 October 2018
T&Cs apply.

Has anyone else gotten this or tried this? I don't have a Krisflyer balance at all, but it sounds like it might be a convenient way to top off an account or earn some easy miles.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I also received along with zero explanation of how it works. What I think from reading the not-very-helpful information that came with it is it's a way of using your KF miles to pay for merchandise. It does not seem to be a way of spending money in order to get KF miles
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
You have to transfer KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay miles and they are only valid for 6 months! Also, you can't reverse it.
Only benefit is imo if you have too many miles or expiring miles not enough to book a ticket
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
KrisPay just got a lot better for those based in Singapore

Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Can foreigners earn KF miles using this? It doesn't look like you need to load a Singapore credit card.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by RTWFF
I also received along with zero explanation of how it works. What I think from reading the not-very-helpful information that came with it is it's a way of using your KF miles to pay for merchandise. It does not seem to be a way of spending money in order to get KF miles
It appears that the SQ team has realized how worthless this 'feature' was, and has now added the ability to get KF miles by spending money at selected merchants

The list of merchants is really really small now though, hopefully it grows with time as it's a rare opportunity to double-dip even if the KrisPay earn rate isn't all that great (seems to be generally around 1 mile per s$10 spent.)

Challenger (IT products) 1 mile per s$10
Asics (shoes) 1 miles per s$1
Gong Cha (F&B) 1 mile per s$1
Pizza Express (F&B) 2 miles per s$1

Double dip with credit card miles and we're looking at like 3.5 mpd, time to eat lots and lots of pizza

Last edited by shuigao; Mar 6, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
It appears that the SQ team has realized how worthless this 'feature' was, and has now added the ability to get KF miles by spending money at selected merchants
Its value has changed from "worthless" to "ATFH" in my opinion

ATFH = All Too ... Hard
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:16 pm

Its value has changed from "worthless" to "ATFH" in my opinion

ATFH = All Too ... Hard
Agreed, nothing much that I usually spend on that would qualify. Here are the merchants that I can foresee I would have spendings on:
Gong Cha - I usually do via grabpay, which I can top up using credit card and already gives rebates. Seemingly, payment via grabpay does not qualify for miles, and how much can I spend here anyway. At $5 per cup, that's like 5 miles each time?
Challenger - at 1 mile per $10, even if I buy a PC for a $1000+, that is also 100+ miles at most. Usual spending would be few hundred at most, for <100 miles.

Hardly worth the effort to get miles, since it is not automatic, unless I'm short of those few (hundred) miles for redemption.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:57 pm

If KrisPay was a way of shopping and paying for goods in the KF shopping mall - a bit like MileagePlus X - it might be of interest, but it's not so it isn't
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:48 pm

If KrisPay was a way of shopping and paying for goods in the KF shopping mall - a bit like MileagePlus X - it might be of interest, but it's not so it isn't
If would be of no surprise that one division of SQ isn't speaking with another... left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.