Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Q: Waitlist Booking and Subsequent Lower Class Booking

Old Aug 15, 18, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ

New to KF, so wondering what will happen in the following case?

I am waitlisted for two J flights on subsequent days. I have transferred just enough Amex points to KF to cover this booking.

However, there are available PE seats that I can confirm now on the same flights.

If I book the PE seat, does the J waitlist booking automatically cancel? (Obviously this will then not allow me to make a new J booking as I will have insufficient KF points.)
Old Aug 15, 18, 7:29 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I believe what you propose is possible, but it requires you to be efficient in cancelling the PE booking and getting the miles redeposited if the waitlist clears.
w4rd likes this.
Old Aug 15, 18, 10:26 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
The waitlist will not cancel. Book the PE and if your waitlist clears phone up to expedite the cancellation and redeposit.
Old Aug 15, 18, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
It should also be possible to call and have a reservation with confirmed PE and waitlisted J segments (same route). May need to HUACA. When any of the J waitlist clears, phone up to reticket and the additional miles will be deducted.
Old Aug 15, 18, 11:31 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by landingpoint View Post
It should also be possible to call and have a reservation with confirmed PE and waitlisted J segments (same route). May need to HUACA. When any of the J waitlist clears, phone up to reticket and the additional miles will be deducted.
It's not a problem to have them on different reservations, KF agents have no problem reissuing a cleared J waitlist on a separate booking reference (but of course must be exactly the same itinerary). They will simply charge the reissue fee and deduct additional miles. No need to worry about redepositing miles from the cancelled PE ticket.