BOM-USA KF or UA?

Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:23 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 519
BOM-USA KF or UA?

I have never used Singapore Airlines mostly because not good connectivity from midwest. I am looking for BOM-MCI and have some question:

I found availability in business from BOM-SIN-LAX with 98k KF and BOM-SIN-MAN-IAH with 110k, can I book this through United for 80k united points?
If its bookable through united, they should be able add LAX/IAH to MCI correct?
If its not bookable through united, is there any way to add LAX/IAH to MCI with SQ partner?

I appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.
mak101 is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:53 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Posts: 2,868
Originally Posted by mak101
I have never used Singapore Airlines mostly because not good connectivity from midwest. I am looking for BOM-MCI and have some question:

I found availability in business from BOM-SIN-LAX with 98k KF and BOM-SIN-MAN-IAH with 110k, can I book this through United for 80k united points?
If its bookable through united, they should be able add LAX/IAH to MCI correct?
If its not bookable through united, is there any way to add LAX/IAH to MCI with SQ partner?

I appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.
UA doesnt get the same SQ award space as KrisFlyer members. Long-haul SQ J/F space is practically non-existent outside of KF, apart from some (unintentional) exceptions.

But you should be able to include UA to MCI, depending on saver award space, in addition to the SQ segments. This would be priced as a *A award.
SilverChris is online now  
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:01 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 55,998
Originally Posted by mak101
I found availability in business from BOM-SIN-LAX with 98k KF and BOM-SIN-MAN-IAH with 110k, can I book this through United for 80k united points?
No, SQ does not release those seats for booking through UA.

As noted above, you may book through SQ, but using KF miles at the KF price.
Kacee is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:49 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Posts: 4,824
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Long-haul SQ J/F space is practically non-existent outside of KF, apart from some (unintentional) exceptions.
There are some intentional exceptions as well. But most star alliance partners are excluded from Long haul J inventory, especially those that sell lots of miles.
lokijuh is online now  
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:49 am
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 55,998
Originally Posted by lokijuh
There are some intentional exceptions as well. But most star alliance partners are excluded from Long haul J inventory, especially those that sell lots of miles.
That's not the criterion. Basically SQ doesn't intentionally release that space to anyone, except possibly M+M.
Kacee is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:22 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Posts: 4,824
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's not the criterion. Basically SQ doesn't intentionally release that space to anyone, except possibly M+M.
They release more space to M&M than they do to TPPS in some instances! No kidding. My partner is TPPS and there have been times when J seats are available on (routes we looked at LHR, FRA and MEL) through M&M but Saver only waitlist via KF

They also release long haul J to VA (which I know isnt Star alliance), I presume as they own part of it. Not sure if Vistara members can access.
lokijuh is online now  
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:08 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 55,998
Originally Posted by lokijuh
They release more space to M&M than they do to TPPS in some instances! No kidding. My partner is TPPS and there have been times when J seats are available on (routes we looked at LHR, FRA and MEL) through M&M but Saver only waitlist via KF

They also release long haul J to VA (which I know isnt Star alliance), I presume as they own part of it. Not sure if Vistara members can access.
It has nothing to do with whether the program sells miles.
Kacee is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:57 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 519
Thanks all to clear my doubts. So I can book BOM-SFO/IAH with KF but to MCI I have to use extra miles (UA,AA, etc...), correct?
mak101 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:06 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by mak101
Thanks all to clear my doubts. So I can book BOM-SFO/IAH with KF but to MCI I have to use extra miles (UA,AA, etc...), correct?
No, you can perform a Star Alliance Award Redemption (https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p..._RoundTrip.pdf) for 110k KF miles, ie fly BOM to SFO/IAH via SQ then SFO/IAH to MCI (via UA)
hairhooks is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:00 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by hairhooks


No, you can perform a Star Alliance Award Redemption (https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p..._RoundTrip.pdf) for 110k KF miles, ie fly BOM to SFO/IAH via SQ then SFO/IAH to MCI (via UA)
I dont find option to select MCI from SFO/IAH, do I have to call Singapore Airline to book this? 110k for BOM-MCI?
mak101 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:10 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Posts: 9,957
Originally Posted by hairhooks
No, you can perform a Star Alliance Award Redemption (https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p..._RoundTrip.pdf) for 110k KF miles, ie fly BOM to SFO/IAH via SQ then SFO/IAH to MCI (via UA)
Originally Posted by mak101
I dont find option to select MCI from SFO/IAH, do I have to call Singapore Airline to book this? 110k for BOM-MCI?
That is 110 KF miles in ECONOMY class on a Star Alliance award - I note from your original post you were looking at a business class SQ award flight.

If you can't see MCI then you'll have to call SQ.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:39 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Posts: 4,824
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
That is 110 KF miles in ECONOMY class on a Star Alliance award - I note from your original post you were looking at a business class
From original post it also looked like OP was quoting one way awards - so 110k would be the correct amount in business one way.
lokijuh is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.