Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shortest immigration queue in USA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I arrived at LAX at around 4:15 pm and already outside by 4:45ish PM. Really depend on what time you arrive.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:27 am

It’s all luck of the draw.

I’ve landed in LAX on SQ12 when a CX flight was delayed and I ended up queuing for around 2 hours. Other times I’ve gotten through immigration in around 30 mins.

SQ8 - I’ve arrived 30 mins before schedule and was through immigration in 20 minutes. The baggage and the queue to get out the airport afterwards took forever!

SQ2 to SFO took me around 45 mins. Arrived around 8pm and was out in an Uber by 8:45.

Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
And if you get the dread X and need to go through a different line, it can get really slow.... the last time i was stuck for more than an hour because for some reason, they decided that only 2 officers were needed to clear >100pp in the line.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:21 am

Yep, this time I got the dreaded X! Not sure why.....

Landed SQ12 around 1pm. Took 20 mins to reach immigration. Waited around 30 mins for machine. Got the X and was asked to stand in the longer queue. An hour later, we reached midway point and was expedited due to having a toddler with us. Another 20 mins or so was out of the airport. Lucky we had the little one with us as the queues were horrendous. Apparently it’s peak season.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:38 pm

My only experiences have been LAX, JFK, and MIA. LAX beats them all hands down IME--never a wait at all for a US citizen with GE, and I didn't see any lines for US citizen non-GE or non-US citizens either.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by lobo411
My only experiences have been LAX, JFK, and MIA. LAX beats them all hands down IME--never a wait at all for a US citizen with GE, and I didn't see any lines for US citizen non-GE or non-US citizens either.
Try being a non-GE visitor arriving around the same time as CX/AF/BA/KL/CA/EK/QR/NZ/FJ/AZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.