Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Mixed Cabin/Award Question (Apologies if stupid)

Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold

I am planning our honeymoon in Nov '18 and see some space open in F from SIN-SYD. We need to leave from DPS and see J space on a variety of flights (16-18 Nov.). What I cannot get to happen is a DPS-SIN (in J) + SIN-SYD (in F) to clear without waitlist or just not appearing. What I do see is a default into Business all the way through. Can someone please explain what I need to do (or who best to call). Thanks for your patience. My brain is basically friend between work and wedding planning.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:10 pm

Mixed cabin has to be booked by phone. Make sure they charge you the right number of miles too. I booked BKK to SIN (J) to LAX (F), and the phone agent initially tried to price it as BKK to SIN (J Saver of 30k miles), and then SIN to LAX (F Saver of 118k miles). I pointed out that the correct mileage should have been BKK > LAX (F Saver of 118k miles), the agent wasn't sure so they got a supervisor, and the supervisor booked it correctly as 118k right away.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lobo411
Mixed cabin has to be booked by phone. Make sure they charge you the right number of miles too. I booked BKK to SIN (J) to LAX (F), and the phone agent initially tried to price it as BKK to SIN (J Saver of 30k miles), and then SIN to LAX (F Saver of 118k miles). I pointed out that the correct mileage should have been BKK > LAX (F Saver of 118k miles), the agent wasn't sure so they got a supervisor, and the supervisor booked it correctly as 118k right away.
Thanks so much! I will let you know how it goes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.