Wines on SQ Suites/FIRST

Old Feb 6, 20, 5:25 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
If Iím not mistaken, Krug 2004 was served on SIN-LHR flight last week. (I didnít take photo so I ainít 100% sure)
Thank you. Hope thatís also true for the routes from/to down under.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 10, 20, 12:58 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Posts: 818
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
The menus of SQ suites to AKL posted for Jan show Krug 2004, hope they are right.
In SQ F (77W) to AKL last week, Krug was on the menu, but only Dom and Taittinger available.
timol is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 5:35 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Originally Posted by timol View Post
In SQ F (77W) to AKL last week, Krug was on the menu, but only Dom and Taittinger available.
Thank you! Not good.

What is even worse is that staff at TPR told me they moved from Dom to Taittinger two days ago. Oh boy, SQ must really get this stuff cheap.

Tried it and got me some Heidsiek Rare from the FCL instead.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 10:34 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Update SIN-SYD:

Krug neither on the menu nor available. Bummer.

Crew says it will be the same on the way back.

SQ seems to have decided to go cheap everywhere, not only at TPR.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 10:42 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: krisflyer
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Update SIN-SYD:

Krug neither on the menu nor available. Bummer.

Crew says it will be the same on the way back.

SQ seems to have decided to go cheap
everywhere, not only at TPR.
thatís sad to hear and sorry I misinterpreted the phrase ďafter FebruaryĒ. Just a quick question, did you see the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee option during the flight? I might have missed it or probably it is not offered on my flight.
definitelynotafrequentflyer is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 11:02 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
thatís sad to hear and sorry I misinterpreted the phrase ďafter FebruaryĒ. Just a quick question, did you see the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee option during the flight? I might have missed it or probably it is not offered on my flight.
Itís on the coffee page of my menu at the very bottom.

edit: hereís the proof




FAs told me you can only get it in Suites. Had a cup and found it to be just coffee. Bold and bitter flavor, like a dark roast. Probably wouldnít order again.

Last edited by worldclubber; Feb 11, 20 at 7:29 pm
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 12, 20, 11:05 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: krisflyer
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Itís on the coffee page of my menu at the very bottom.

edit: hereís the proof




FAs told me you can only get it in Suites. Had a cup and found it to be just coffee. Bold and bitter flavor, like a dark roast. Probably wouldnít order again.
I see, Iím on the SQ322 so maybe I just missed it since itís at the end of the page. (Or is it different menu for award ticket)
Once again, thank you. 😁😁
definitelynotafrequentflyer is offline  
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:02 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
I see, Iím on the SQ322 so maybe I just missed it since itís at the end of the page. (Or is it different menu for award ticket)
Once again, thank you. 😁😁
Don't even think they wouldnĎt serve you champagne due to being on an award ticket, but no Blue Mountain coffee, just because you are on an award? No.

No more Krug in Suites, that's really terrible.

Last edited by worldclubber; Feb 19, 20 at 10:45 pm
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 19, 20, 7:54 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
SQ 232 had the Blue Mountain coffee, but also only Dom and the unmentionable Taittinger, no Krug.

FAs say complaints are frequent.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 19, 20, 11:08 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Posts: 818
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
SQ 232 had the Blue Mountain coffee, but also only Dom and the unmentionable Taittinger, no Krug.
And SQ282 AKL-SIN only Taittinger (on the menu, too), just like in TPR.
timol is offline  
Old Feb 20, 20, 4:04 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Originally Posted by timol View Post
And SQ282 AKL-SIN only Taittinger (on the menu, too), just like in TPR.
No Dom either?

I would cry foul!
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 20, 20, 1:01 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Switzerland
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Posts: 818
Angry

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
No Dom either?
Definitely no Dom
timol is offline  
Old Feb 20, 20, 3:31 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,863
Originally Posted by timol View Post
Definitely no Dom
Wow, I have never seen just one champagne.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 1, 20, 11:02 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: AMS / LOP
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Posts: 354
Mainly Miles reports (link) that the following destinations will have Dom Perignon and Taittinger (no Krug) from March to July 2020:

- Frankfurt (SQ 25, 26, 325, 326);
- Hong Kong (SQ 1, 2, 856, 861, 866, 865, 868, 857);
- London (SQ 305, 306, 308, 317, 318, 319, 321, 322);
- Los Angeles (SQ 11, 12);
- New York (SQ 25, 26);
- Paris (SQ 335, 336);
- San Francisco (SQ 1, 2);
- Tokyo (SQ 11, 12, 638, 637);
- Zurich (SQ 345, 346).

I will fly SQ 926 and 326 next week. Will report back what they offer on board and in TPR.
jongesander is online now  
Old Mar 11, 20, 2:52 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: AMS / LOP
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Posts: 354
March 2020:

- CGK - SIN: Dom Perignon 2008;
- TPR: Taittinger. No problem to get a Piper Heidsieck Rare 2002 from the FC lounge;
- SIN - FRA: Dom 2008 & Taittinger
jongesander is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread