Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Removed My Award Ticket on the Discontinued ICN-LAX Route

SQ Removed My Award Ticket on the Discontinued ICN-LAX Route

Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by frugaltraveller
@elleana, they put me on ICN-SIN, SIN-LAX.
I am aware this is Flyertalk but that's about 12 (plus or minus) hours of extra flying with no mileage accrual. I wouldn't have accepted that. I would have insisted that they get me to NRT on their dime whether there is availability or not and then on their own metal from NRT onwards to USA.
zrs70 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
I am aware this is Flyertalk but that's about 12 (plus or minus) hours of extra flying with no mileage accrual. I wouldn't have accepted that. I would have insisted that they get me to NRT on their dime whether there is availability or not and then on their own metal from NRT onwards to USA.
But they can also cancel and refund me the points per T&C, is that correct? We are travelling early Jan, it's peak season, It will be difficult for me to find another redemption with seats available at that time.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Forgive me for what may be a silly question, but I'm flying on SQ 7/8 this November from ICN-LAX and return. I just rechecked my itinerary on SQ's website and it is still confirmed on those flights. Are you saying that those flights no longer exist, and if so, why wouldn't my itinerary reflect it?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by etch5895
Forgive me for what may be a silly question, but I'm flying on SQ 7/8 this November from ICN-LAX and return. I just rechecked my itinerary on SQ's website and it is still confirmed on those flights. Are you saying that those flights no longer exist, and if so, why wouldn't my itinerary reflect it?
This route exists until DEC 1 I believe. I also have LAX-ICN-SIN booked for the end of November.
etch5895 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
But they can also cancel and refund me the points per T&C, is that correct? We are travelling early Jan, it's peak season, It will be difficult for me to find another redemption with seats available at that time.
They can, but that's typically done only as a last resort, when there are no reasonable *A options available and they would have to buy you a paid ticket on a non-partner. Given the number of alternative *A options from ICN-LAX, that would be quite extreme of them here.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
@elleana, they put me on ICN-SIN, SIN-LAX. I asked about alternate flights as suggested by others, ie. ICN-LAX on Asiana or ICN-NRT on partner then NRT-LAX on SQ, but one of the agents said it would be tough because they don't have control over the partner airline's availability. It's going to be a long flight, but at least it's on SQ Business.

Yes, I learned that SQ agents do not have much power. I also learned that the only agents that can truly help escalate and follow up are the ones in the local Singapore office. The other agents in the central call center is just a waste of time. So, I just hang up when I don't hear that signature "Singlish" from the other end.

I ended up having to call the Krisflyer office in Singapore directly to get a local Singapore agent who can truly help. The local Singapore agents are patient and courteous in explaining the escalation process. It's not their fault that the system is set up as such. But I did mention that I prefer to resolve this directly with SQ, but if I don't get a response, I will have no choice but to file a complaint with the US Department of Transportation that also oversees airlines flying in and out of US. Shortly after that phone call, I got a confirmation email that my reservation was rebooked and confirmed.
Not that this is a valid option for you (and other non-SG based FTers) but for the occasional situation where my travel plans or issues are more complex than can be resolved over the phone, I've found a trip to the SQ office in Ion Orchard solves the problem.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Is there any way online via self service to see what the expiry was of the points used in a redemption booking? If I cancel how do I know I'm not going to lose any points I have used for that booking because they have expired in the interim? Or can I do a one-off extension at the same time? I've emailed the KF service centre to ask if they can give me the answer for a specific booking but no response after 48 hours
No response after 7 days. I emailed them again yesterday
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWFF
No response after 7 days. I emailed them again yesterday
Call the Krisflyer office in Singapore and ask the rep to officially open up up an inquiry "Task" for you. According to what I found out, once they open this "task", it will remain open and under their care until the "task" is closed with the customer. Hope this helps.

Only speak with the Singapore KF reps. If you call the general customer service number, sometimes you get routed to other call centers that are of no help. Don't waste your time. Either call the Singapore office directly or hang up if you get routed to a call center.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elleana
Not that this is a valid option for you (and other non-SG based FTers) but for the occasional situation where my travel plans or issues are more complex than can be resolved over the phone, I've found a trip to the SQ office in Ion Orchard solves the problem.
Yes, I am sure they are very helpful.
Unfortunately, I am not in Singapore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.