Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Award Change - Agent Can't See Saver Award on Connecting Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Not too familiar with the ins and outs of Krisflyer... totally confused as to whether I got a bad agent or if award availability actually changes depending on if it's a single or connecting flight?

I have the following reservation: LAX-ICN[Stopover]-SIN-DPS. LAX-ICN-SIN in First; SIN-DPS in Business

I'd like to get rid of the stopover so bringing the ICN-SIN-DPS flights forward a few days. Looking at the flights individually on the website, ICN-SIN has saver First; SIN-DPS has saver Business (on 4 of 5 flights). When I called to make the change, the agent was able to see the saver First but not the Saver business. Making the change would require me to pony up an additional 35k miles (advantage) + fees. This makes no sense as I'd be better off just canceling the SIN-DPS leg and booking it separately for 17.5k.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:18 am

Yes, availability depends on the overall itinerary, including any connecting flights. The only way of reproducing the separate leg availability you can see is to insert a >24h stop in the connecting city.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Yes, availability depends on the overall itinerary, including any connecting flights. The only way of reproducing the separate leg availability you can see is to insert a >24h stop in the connecting city.
But you cannot do that online. You cannot mix classes of service.
So how would you know?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by FlyingChuck
Hi,

Not too familiar with the ins and outs of Krisflyer... totally confused as to whether I got a bad agent or if award availability actually changes depending on if it's a single or connecting flight?

I have the following reservation: LAX-ICN[Stopover]-SIN-DPS. LAX-ICN-SIN in First; SIN-DPS in Business

I'd like to get rid of the stopover so bringing the ICN-SIN-DPS flights forward a few days. Looking at the flights individually on the website, ICN-SIN has saver First; SIN-DPS has saver Business (on 4 of 5 flights). When I called to make the change, the agent was able to see the saver First but not the Saver business. Making the change would require me to pony up an additional 35k miles (advantage) + fees. This makes no sense as I'd be better off just canceling the SIN-DPS leg and booking it separately for 17.5k.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
when is your flight?

SIN-DPS is not easy sector to get nowadays. Why don’t you keep your original itinerary’s?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
But you cannot do that online. You cannot mix classes of service.
So how would you know?
You don't - only the call centre can tell you. But what I'm saying is that you can't check availability for different legs and then expect the overall itinerary to have the same availability, if there is less than 24 hours between the flights.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Never knew some programs operate this way. I've always confirmed availability for each sector and than called in to book.

Originally Posted by lingua101
when is your flight?

SIN-DPS is not easy sector to get nowadays. Why don’t you keep your original itinerary’s?
LAX-ICN 8/24; would like to change ICN-SIN-DPS to 8/26. Original itin has a 2 day stopover in Seoul which I no longer need.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Thanks everyone. Never knew some programs operate this way.
For more information about the concept, google “Married sectors” or “Married segments”. Cathay Pacific also operate this way with awards.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:10 am

Thanks everyone. Never knew some programs operate this way. I've always confirmed availability for each sector and than called in to book.

LAX-ICN 8/24; would like to change ICN-SIN-DPS to 8/26. Original itin has a 2 day stopover in Seoul which I no longer need.
I just try to do dummy booking. 26-AUG ICN-SIN for morning flights (SQ 7 and 607) are indeed full for Biz redemption including Full award. Both show waiting list.

Perhaps it may be due to 22-Aug is Public Holiday in Singapore (and also Indonesia) so there may be some people doing extended trip on that week. Seoul is quite popular destination these days.

Last edited by lingua101; Jul 16, 2018 at 1:29 am
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:23 am

<deleted due to duplicate>

Last edited by lingua101; Jul 16, 2018 at 1:29 am Reason: multi post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.