Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ resumes SIN-LAX non-stop on A350ULR from Nov 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ resumes SIN-LAX non-stop on A350ULR from Nov 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
I've just received email from SQ that my Feb 2019 flight has been changed from SQ007 to SQ037. It arrives in SIN at 08:15 (2:15 later than SQ007) so I will have to have my SIN-MEL flight changed as well (from SQ207 to SQ217). At the moment I cannot retrieve my booking, as the website can't find it. I will try again tomorrow and if it still fails will give them a call.
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I received the email stating I was changed from SQ007 to SQ037, but there is no mention of the Singapore to Melbourne leg. (I was also on SQ207 from ICN to MEL.) I can not retrieve my booking on their website either.

Since it appears I will be arriving in Melbourne several hours later than originally scheduled, what are my options? I don't mind canceling and re-booking on another airline, but I had transferred Chase Ultimate Reward points over to Singapore. If I cancel the new SQ flight, I"m assuming there is no way for SQ to return the miles to Ultimate Rewards so I can re-book on another airline??
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:32 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by CharlotteYork
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I received the email stating I was changed from SQ007 to SQ037, but there is no mention of the Singapore to Melbourne leg. (I was also on SQ207 from ICN to MEL.) I can not retrieve my booking on their website either.

Since it appears I will be arriving in Melbourne several hours later than originally scheduled, what are my options? I don't mind canceling and re-booking on another airline, but I had transferred Chase Ultimate Reward points over to Singapore. If I cancel the new SQ flight, I"m assuming there is no way for SQ to return the miles to Ultimate Rewards so I can re-book on another airline??
They will move your flights for you or refund your miles (back into your Krisflyer account) and fees. But I don’t think they will give the points back to Chase.

Just call them. They are very helpful and will re-route you if you need to.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Beyond Korea, SQ (or Singapore side) still owns 5th freedom to one port in Canada and one port in the US. These 5th freedom doesn't have to be continuously used. Set aside the complicated relation between Singapore and Canada, the reason SQ isn't bothered resuming ICN-Canada is because of restricted number of (actually units count) ICN-SIN flights.

To operate SIN-ICN-YVR 3/w, SQ has to suspend 6/w SIN-ICN, because that flight will use 6/w ICN-'wherever' slots. Now that SQ suspends ICN-LAX, SQ can operate one more SIN-ICN which could bring a total of 5 daily flights between two airports. Demand on this route has soared recently. Some LCCs even launched ICN-JHB.

Why they don't add more flights? Because Singapore side wants more 5th freedom out of Korea and Korea doesn't let it happen.
I could actually see ICN-JFK/EWR happening. Asiana really needs an overnight flight NYC-ICN to compete with Korean Air and fill their China connecting flights due to political tensions between South Korea and China.
Asiana also wants to fly more ICN-SIN but doesn't have the aircraft since they seem to keep crashing their aircraft and aren't in the best financial situation right now. Whether SQ will see enough benefit for themselves in essentially helping Asiana remains to be seen.

If SQ wants more SIN-ICN but can't get more route authorities, why don't they upgauge all the flights to A380 like they did for a time with PVG?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Asiana also wants to fly more ICN-SIN but doesn't have the aircraft since they seem to keep crashing their aircraft and aren't in the best financial situation right now. Whether SQ will see enough benefit for themselves in essentially helping Asiana remains to be seen.

If SQ wants more SIN-ICN but can't get more route authorities, why don't they upgauge all the flights to A380 like they did for a time with PVG?
It's unit based - 787/777/333 as "0.7" and 380 as "1.3" something like that. So upgauging to 380 may not make sense since 2x333 carries more passengers. Likewise, Asiana cannot increase more than current 10/week frequency. In fact, it's 9x333 and 1x767 because of the unit system (767 is "0.6" and Asiana is 0.1 short for 10x333). Either carriers could maximize by sending 78J(SQ) or 777(OZ) but we'll see how it goes.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:28 am

I had to call the KrisFlyer line as it is an award redemption. It appears that the PNR is locked until you confirm the change from SQ007 to SQ037. I asked to have my booking SIN-MEL changed to SQ217. The agent put me on hold & I immediately checked & the PNR was now unlocked & I could see both flights. SQ037 was showing confirmed, and SQ217 waitlisted. After the agent returned, SQ217 was showing as reserved, and she said I would get an email confirmation. I now have the email & both flights are now confirmed and I was able to select seats.
lokijuh and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:55 pm

Ditto for me...I got switched from SQ7 to SQ37 on January 1, which is good for me...it saves the annoyance of having to deal with security during the stopover at ICN. I "accepted" through the email SQ sent me, but it didn't really seem to take. I didn't get a confirmation email, and I couldn't manage my booking online (although I could see it). Every time I tried, it errored out with "Enter a valid SQ/MI Booking Reference/E-ticket number."

Finally called (20 mins in queue to get to someone) and accepted over the phone, and now I have my confirmation email/fully manageable booking.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:09 pm

My flight has been changed also. I received an email. I was originally flying business class via ICN in SQ 8. My flight left at 2:45 am on Jan. 5. They switched me to SQ 38 departing on Jan. 4. My parents were also booked in business via ICN but on SQ608 departing at 12:10 am on Jan. 5th. They were then on SQ 8 to LAX. When we booked there was not enough space to get us to ICN on the same flight.

Their flights have not been switched and it is now showing that they are only going to ICN. They never received an email. I called to find out and the agent said that they only were booked to ICN. The agent said she would look into it and call me back. She never did. So I called again today. The agent said there was no space available in business saver but space was available in business advantage. I told her that we had confirmed flights but they changed it. I don’t see why we should have to use more miles if the change was on their end. She is going to look into it and call me back.

I’m frustrated as we booked as soon as reward travel opened up so that we could be on the same flights (or at least the same segment to LAX). Any advice on what rights we might have since my parents did have confirmed flights to LAX.

UPDATE: I just got off the phone and all three of us will be on SQ38 leaving Jan. 5. She said it will take a few days to switch my parents tickets because they have to reissue them. She also said that because they are flying direct now it’s less miles and they will be refunding them 44,000 miles. That doesn’t make sense, I thought maybe they put them in economy. I asked her twice if they are still in business and she said yes. I guess I will just now wait a few days and see what happens.

Last edited by Gypwoo; Jul 13, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:19 pm

here with chinese information :?????????????+??????? @ FTV??????? :: ??? ::

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.