Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Transiting CGK overnight QR->SQ - options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold

Hi all,

Am flying into CGK 2 on QR landing at 10:15pm and have a connection on SQ the next morning at 5:25am, also from T2.

As I will be coming in from Europe, I don’t expect to be too jet legged and should be able to stay up until the next flight if there is a sensible option like a lounge to hang out in (Am KF Gold and also have PP).

I know there is a hotel airside at T2, but as I’ve got checked luggage with me, and I’m not sure QR will check it through to the SQ flight, I may have to go landside between flights.

So my questions are:

1) In case QR won’t check my bags through to SIN, will I be able to check my bags in onto the SQ flight the night before? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask...

2) If I have to go landslide to collect my bags, I won’t be able to access the airside hotel to sleep for a few hours. What do I do:

a) Is there a lounge landisde that I can hang out at overnight until check-in opens? Or should I go to a hotel for the net 3-4 hours that I will likely be able to be there for. Including disembarking, travelling to and from the hotel, it seems like a lot of hassle and time for the short rest I would get. Especially as there doesn’t seem to be a decent landslide hotel just outside the terminal.

What would you do?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:13 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

1) The last Singapore Airlines departure from Jakarta is SQ967 at 20:15, and the Singapore Airlines check-in area will close about 40 minutes until an hour before that departure.

2) The Jakarta Airport hotel at Terminal 2 isn't airside, and can be accessed from the general meeting point at the departures floor. Alternatively, there are hotels within the airport area, but are not connected to the Terminal, namely the Bandara (formerly the Sheraton), Ochardz Hotel, an Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget, and a few more. These are about 5-15 minutes from the main terminals.

3) see the above

Also, I would recommend staying at a hotel as there is virtually nothing to do at the terminal itself. For convenience, the Jakarta Airport Hotel is best given how it is located physically in the terminal, on the landside.
baml likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
1., 2. + 3.
Fabulous, that’s exactly the sort of information that I was looking for. Thank you very much!
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Supposedly there is also a new Express by Holiday Inn opening at CGK in July, not sure it'll be ready for your trip.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Fabulous, that’s exactly the sort of information that I was looking for. Thank you very much!
safe travels!

Originally Posted by demue
Supposedly there is also a new Express by Holiday Inn opening at CGK in July, not sure it'll be ready for your trip.
I'm under the impression that it is going to be delayed, like many hotels around Jakarta... even the website doesn't allow bookings until February 2019
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi all,

Am flying into CGK 2 on QR landing at 10:15pm and have a connection on SQ the next morning at 5:25am, also from T2.

As I will be coming in from Europe, I don’t expect to be too jet legged and should be able to stay up until the next flight if there is a sensible option like a lounge to hang out in (Am KF Gold and also have PP).

I know there is a hotel airside at T2, but as I’ve got checked luggage with me, and I’m not sure QR will check it through to the SQ flight, I may have to go landside between flights.

So my questions are:

1) In case QR won’t check my bags through to SIN, will I be able to check my bags in onto the SQ flight the night before? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask...

2) If I have to go landslide to collect my bags, I won’t be able to access the airside hotel to sleep for a few hours. What do I do:

a) Is there a lounge landisde that I can hang out at overnight until check-in opens? Or should I go to a hotel for the net 3-4 hours that I will likely be able to be there for. Including disembarking, travelling to and from the hotel, it seems like a lot of hassle and time for the short rest I would get. Especially as there doesn’t seem to be a decent landslide hotel just outside the terminal.

What would you do?
there are alot of cheap hotel like ibis style, Ibis Budget or local brand like Amaris etc. You can get it for $20-30/ night. they provide shuttle to airport.

Check in counter should open 2-3 hours before the flight.

personally I would rather collect the bag in cgk rather than leave it over night in cgk.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
yes. your bag might "disappear" if you leave it overnight.
can you change the SQ flight to a more godly hour?
otherwise, I vouch for the Ibis Budget hotel. used it myself and it was great. finding the shuttle bus pick up spot was a tough challenge though.
the airport is dead at night, and you waiting for a flight outside (you need to pick up your bag anyway) will be unbearable in the heat.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
yes. your bag might "disappear" if you leave it overnight.
can you change the SQ flight to a more godly hour?
otherwise, I vouch for the Ibis Budget hotel. used it myself and it was great. finding the shuttle bus pick up spot was a tough challenge though.
the airport is dead at night, and you waiting for a flight outside (you need to pick up your bag anyway) will be unbearable in the heat.
OP arrives at 2215 hrs, long after the last SQ flight of the day departs...
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
OP arrives at 2215 hrs, long after the last SQ flight of the day departs...
Indeed, that’s the trouble! I’ve booked myself into the Orchardz are reading quite positive reviews about it; the airport hotel itself wasn’t available to me through my preferred websites and it was twice as expensive as the Orchardz, too. I’ll report back after I’ll have passed through it. And I will make sure to not check my bag all the way through to SIN.
moondog and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Hi all,

So my questions are:

a) Is there a lounge landside that I can hang out at overnight until check-in opens? Or should I go to a hotel for the net 3-4 hours that I will likely be able to be there for. Including disembarking, travelling to and from the hotel, it seems like a lot of hassle and time for the short rest I would get. Especially as there doesn’t seem to be a decent landslide hotel just outside the terminal.

What would you do?
Please let us know if QR & SQ were able to check your bags all the way thru' to the final destination.
Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:19 am

booked at Orchardz?
You can get good massages there *wink wink*
Ibiz is good but the shuttle to the hotel isn't reliable. Even though you book its first come first serve. If you miss the shuttle, ask the parking attending to hail a cab for you.
I can't remember how much I paid but it was a flat rate.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by CordW
booked at Orchardz?
You can get good massages there *wink wink*
Ibiz is good but the shuttle to the hotel isn't reliable. Even though you book its first come first serve. If you miss the shuttle, ask the parking attending to hail a cab for you.
I can't remember how much I paid but it was a flat rate.
you can take silver bird. It goes by meter. I Guess it should be less than $10
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by lingua101

you can take silver bird. It goes by meter. I Guess it should be less than $10
Silver Bird taxis have a minimum floor rate of about £2.5 or SGD5, whilst the cheaper blue ones will have a floor rate of ~£1.25 or SGD2.5. Given the distance, it shouldn't be much more than that.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Hello! I flew QR from JFK to CGK via DOH (Business Class) and connected to a CGK-SIN flight on SQ, in Economy, and on a separate ticket. The agent at JFK had to check with her supervisor but managed to check my luggage all the way to SIN. Upon arrival in CGK, I was surprised to be met on the aero bridge by ground staff. I was led to the airside departure area and asked to sit on the benches as he took my passport to somewhere mysterious to issue my boarding pass for SQ. He returned after 20 minutes and led me to the lounge used by SQ. It was way more convenient than I expected. I will also recommend the Jakarta Airport Hotel for its Super convenient location, especially for SQ and QR flights (for now). Both will be moving to Terminal 3 soon.
NetJets Germany, baml and kaffir76 like this.

Last edited by marcelduchamp; Jul 16, 2018 at 11:58 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
Hello! I flew QR from JFK to CGK via DOH (Business Class) and connected to a CGK-SIN on SQ, in Economy, and on a separate ticket. The agent at JFK had to check with her supervisor but managed to check my luggage all the way to SIN. Upon arrival in CGK, I was surprised to be met on the aero bridge by ground staff. I was led to the airside departure area and asked to sit on the benches as he took my passport to somewhere mysterious to issue my boarding pass for SQ. He returned after 20 minutes and led me to the lounge used by SQ. It was way more convenient than I expected. I will also recommend the Jakarta Airport Hotel for its Super convenient location, especially for SQ and QR flights (for now). Both will be moving to Terminal 3 soon.
It appears the unofficial transit procedure is still in effect!

It's quite a shame that all the foreign airlines are to move to Terminal 3 eventually... I by far prefer Terminal 2. I feel that much of Terminal 3 wasn't carefully thought out and some things were added as an after-thought.

Interesting experience though Marcel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.