Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Online Seat Selection Issue on one sector

Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat

Hi,

Hope someone can help me

I booked SYD-SIN-KUL-SIN-SYD all in J savers for 3 pax. 2 Adults and 1 Child

I selected my seats for all legs.

All the sectors appear fine when I go back in and select change seats to check except for SIN-SYD.

It comes up like this?:

But they will email me a confirmation saying I have selected 16A,D,F but when I check it by selecting change again, shows this picture:

I also called up they couldn't tell me why but they said on their system it's confirmed 16A,D,F. But why does it happen on this sector only and not the others?

Thanks,
K.

Last edited by k3nnis; Jun 25, 2018 at 6:31 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
I have just noted a very similar problem with my next booking: the individual flight seat maps for 2 out of 4 sectors show a different seat from what is shown on the booking home page. Clearly there are major problems with the SQ website right now!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

ok thanks for letting me know.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Are you still having this issue?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
I cant select seats on any sectors of a 4 flight booking - had to do it by phone, the seat maps dont come up. When I queried it they said as one sector has a waitlist for I class, the seat selection is disabled for the whole booking - dont ask me why...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Hmm weird. Mine are all confirmed award tickets but I did waitlist the last sector in case it clears later...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
It is still showing the incorrect information in my case. Think I will have to call them and request an explanation...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hmm weird. Mine are all confirmed award tickets but I did waitlist the last sector in case it clears later...
Normally you cant select seats online for a sector if there is one waitlist and one confirmed booking on the same flight.

Anyway, I would not worry to much. You got a confirmation for 16A,D,F and it shows occupied on the seat map, so even you cant access it online its fine. SQ will honor your seat selection.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SQ325
Normally you cant select seats online for a sector if there is one waitlist and one confirmed booking on the same flight.

Anyway, I would not worry to much. You got a confirmation for 16A,D,F and it shows occupied on the seat map, so even you cant access it online its fine. SQ will honor your seat selection.
ok thanks. That makes sense if that's the case as my last sector SIN-SYD is on waitlist but also confirmed for another date.

As long as SQ honors it then I am ok.

Is it the same issue for choosing meals (BTC) if I have a confirmed and waitlist on the same sector? I can't seem to choose meals on that flight, only lets me choose SYD-SIN.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:53 pm

Iam not sure, as iam not using the BTC option anymore after I had some quite underwhelming experiences with these meals. I know that BTC is widely popular with people flying occasionally with SQ, but honestly most of the Asian options are not designed for being served on 30.000ft and due to that the taste is not to my palate.

Anyway, there is still plenty of time to make your BTC selection as they allow selection >24h before departure. At some point you have to decide whether to cancel your waitlisted booking anyway and then seat selection/BTC should be accessible online.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:56 am
Original Poster

ok thanks. Do the food they serve in J for the onboard menu is normally one of the BTC options? Or completely different?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by whughes3
I have just noted a very similar problem with my next booking: the individual flight seat maps for 2 out of 4 sectors show a different seat from what is shown on the booking home page. Clearly there are major problems with the SQ website right now!
I had a similar issue where my paper ticket confirmed a seat whereas the online portal showed that I hadn't selected a seat.

When I called in, the agent was able to see my seat selection!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sofaonasock
I had a similar issue where my paper ticket confirmed a seat whereas the online portal showed that I hadn't selected a seat.

When I called in, the agent was able to see my seat selection!
So do we trust the e-ticket then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.