Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Crystal Ball: LAX-SIN Non-stop SQ37 A350 Departure Time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL

Pardon the hypothetical question, I'm not sure if there would be any other resource on the internet that would have more qualified guesses than this forum.
​​​​​​
Given the anticipated LAX-SIN nonstop with A350 ULR later this year (or next), what would be the probable departure time? SQ nonstop from SFO-SIN SQ31 is 11:30AM departure while UA1 is the flip side departing at 11:00PM. LAX-SIN UA37 is 11:30PM. Would SQ LAX departure be more aligned with SFO departure times? I suppose it would be highly likely to duplicate the original SQ37 departure time (9:00PM).

Any thoughts?

If this should be merged with an existing thread ,please feel free to do so.

Thanks.

Last edited by luv2ctheworld; May 27, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Any update on when this flight will start and when it will be bookable?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, KF Gold, Marriott Titanium
word is still early 2019...presumably once SIN-JFK goes about without any issues.

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Any update on when this flight will start and when it will be bookable?
I would think it would be before noon with an arrival in the late evening.

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Pardon the hypothetical question, I'm not sure if there would be any other resource on the internet that would have more qualified guesses than this forum.
​​​​​​
Given the anticipated LAX-SIN nonstop with A350 ULR later this year (or next), what would be the probable departure time? SQ nonstop from SFO-SIN SQ31 is 11:30AM departure while UA1 is the flip side departing at 11:00PM. LAX-SIN UA37 is 11:30PM. Would SQ LAX departure be more aligned with SFO departure times? I suppose it would be highly likely to duplicate the original SQ37 departure time (9:00PM).

Any thoughts?

If this should be merged with an existing thread ,please feel free to do so.

Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by icemaker
word is still early 2019...presumably once SIN-JFK goes about without any issues.
Never going to be any issues with a SIN-JFK service as there won’t be one . (OK OK I know what you mean).

I presume they will start LAX once they have enough A350-900ULRs in their fleet.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I sincerely hope they will use the same schedule as their previous nonstop SIN-LAX
gpeso8 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Morrissey
I sincerely hope they will use the same schedule as their previous nonstop SIN-LAX
Same here, early morning arrival into SIN for me puts me on my usual flights into CGK or SUB.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I think SQ new SIN-LAX-SIN route will follow its SFO direct service with a departure out of SIN in the morning (after the first few flights from several key transit markets like India, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Perth arrive) and arrives in LAX in the morning. The return flight will depart LAX in the late morning / early afternoon and arrives in Singapore in the early evening to enable connection to the same key transit markets.

The direct service will most likely begin on 1 Dec 2018 as Airlineroute tweeted that the existing first class section of ICN-LAX flight will not be available for sale on 1 Dec 2018 and the discounted economy fare between ICN-LAX also disappears from that date.
luv2ctheworld likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by davidfusq
I think SQ new SIN-LAX-SIN route will follow its SFO direct service with a departure out of SIN in the morning (after the first few flights from several key transit markets like India, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Perth arrive) and arrives in LAX in the morning. The return flight will depart LAX in the late morning / early afternoon and arrives in Singapore in the early evening to enable connection to the same key transit markets.

The direct service will most likely begin on 1 Dec 2018 as Airlineroute tweeted that the existing first class section of ICN-LAX flight will not be available for sale on 1 Dec 2018 and the discounted economy fare between ICN-LAX also disappears from that date.
Thanks and welcome to FT davidfusq!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.