Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines credit card verification on connecting flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

I reserved a SQ flight over the phone today and the rep said I needed to show my credit card at check in. My first flight is on Alaska at Dallas Love Field (same itinerary) stopping at LAX. They said I would have to check in again at LAX to get my boarding pass and verify my card. Is this true? Would I be able to do this airside so I don't have to go through security again?
Old May 17, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by lazygrad
I reserved a SQ flight over the phone today and the rep said I needed to show my credit card at check in. My first flight is on Alaska at Dallas Love Field (same itinerary) stopping at LAX. They said I would have to check in again at LAX to get my boarding pass and verify my card. Is this true? Would I be able to do this airside so I don't have to go through security again?
I believe she is right. You need to check in at SQ counter again at LAX. I don't think you can do airside as now you are moving into international terminal.

Regarding cc checked. I booked bkk sin, and straight away got email from SQ saying that I need to show the cc on check in. But the agent did not even bother to ask for one.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
I thought this is no longer necessary if you went through verification process (eg., Verify by Visa or Mastercard Secure) at time of booking?
Old May 18, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
It could be specific to certain countries because I was also asked to show my card in BKK even if during payment I went through Verify by Visa (probably so local law or regulation requiring it). I would bring my card just in case, it shouldn't hurt.
Old May 18, 2018, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lingua101
I believe she is right. You need to check in at SQ counter again at LAX. I don't think you can do airside as now you are moving into international terminal.

Regarding cc checked. I booked bkk sin, and straight away got email from SQ saying that I need to show the cc on check in. But the agent did not even bother to ask for one.
There's now an above-ground airside connection that AA built from T4 to TBIT., which is also connected to the old DL terminal T5, although IIRC for this, they re-opened a tunnel. AS uses T6, which was connected to T5 using an underground tunnel, where DL used to run electric golf carts.

If you have *A lounge access, I would guess that the uniformed SQ representative at the lounge reception desk should be able to check your documents and reprint the boarding pass on SQ paper.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Alaska and SQ are connected airside at LAX. But is there someone that can check me know airside? Worst case, can I go to DFW and get mu boarding pass from the SQ counter 48 hours before even though I'm flying Alaska from Love Field?
Old May 22, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Alaska and SQ are connected airside at LAX. But is there someone that can check me know airside? Worst case, can I go to DFW and get mu boarding pass from the SQ counter 48 hours before even though I'm flying Alaska from Love Field?
Can always check in at the gate if you go airside. Hopefully you get there 45 mins + before flight time. No chance DFW station will check you in for a flight ex-LAX.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Can always check in at the gate if you go airside. Hopefully you get there 45 mins + before flight time. No chance DFW station will check you in for a flight ex-LAX.
Is there a Singapore Airlines transfer desk airside at the international terminal at LAX? If not, would the gate agent be able/willing to give me my boarding pass and verify my documents?
Old May 22, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Is there a Singapore Airlines transfer desk airside at the international terminal at LAX? If not, would the gate agent be able/willing to give me my boarding pass and verify my documents?
The gate is as good as the transfer desk. Trust the other posters here — you’ll have everything sorted out there
Old May 24, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
It is always possible to manually verify the card prior to travel. I have done this with TG/SQ/CX. usually, it was when I purchased tickets for our young adult kids to travel from NZ to visit us when I was working in South Korea - obviously they could not show my credit card.

Essentially, you fill out a form and provide a scanned copy of the credit card to you local (SQ) office (or visit personally) - Upon 'verification', they add a line in the PNR remarks that states something like "CCRD VERIFIED BY XXXXX OFFICE ON [DATE]"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.