Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SilkAir merged into SQ, takes up SQ regional routes, gets lie-flat business class

SilkAir merged into SQ, takes up SQ regional routes, gets lie-flat business class

Old Nov 11, 19, 1:04 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by SQTraveller View Post
I wonder if there is a website which shows exactly which planes are actually already constructed and waiting delivery in Everett. If SilkAir has a bunch of planes there, I don't think it wouldn't make sense to negotiate out of that contract to replace with A320s, unless the groundings lead to a stop in 737 Max production.

In terms of contract negotiations, it might lead them to push harder for a new set of 777Xs.
There are at least 6-8 737 max for Silkair parked in Boeing plant.

Right now the impression seem to be ppl are scare of flying the Max. So maybe SQ will transfer these MAX to scoot instead. And SQ will order A320/321 in addition to operating these 737NG.

or else SQ won’t be refitting the older 737NG.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:30 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,591
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
There are at least 6-8 737 max for Silkair parked in Boeing plant.

Right now the impression seem to be ppl are scare of flying the Max. So maybe SQ will transfer these MAX to scoot instead. And SQ will order A320/321 in addition to operating these 737NG.

or else SQ won’t be refitting the older 737NG.

Oh I see what you mean .. I thought you were referring to Singapore Airlines Group ... and I am worried about flying the Max. I think I'd want it flying for a bit before I get on board.
SQTraveller is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 12:00 am
  #48  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 11,330
Any news on integration? Hope MI flights can qualify as *A soon.
TerryK is online now  
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:12 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Europe / New York
Programs: LH, BA, AA
Posts: 687
At least for LH program started recently (Nov 1st), you can earn both award and status miles on Silkair.
TerryK likes this.
LHSEN is offline  
Old Nov 21, 19, 5:35 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,591
Originally Posted by LHSEN View Post
At least for LH program started recently (Nov 1st), you can earn both award and status miles on Silkair.
This is good news!
SQTraveller is offline  
Old Nov 21, 19, 9:46 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SIN / ZRH / DUS
Programs: LH SEN & WoH Explorist
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by LHSEN View Post
At least for LH program started recently (Nov 1st), you can earn both award and status miles on Silkair.
Can you please share the source, which is showing status miles on MI?

As per MM website it's seems to be only award miles so far...
Gioventu is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 2:10 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Europe / New York
Programs: LH, BA, AA
Posts: 687
https://www.miles-and-more.com/ch/en..._basic_01.html

click on the status miles link.
Gioventu likes this.
LHSEN is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 3:41 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SFO/EWR/DEL
Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,515
You still can't redeem on MI using a *A partner's miles, right? Even if there is a SQ code on the flight?
abcx is offline  
Old Nov 23, 19, 3:59 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SIN / ZRH / DUS
Programs: LH SEN & WoH Explorist
Posts: 125
Originally Posted by LHSEN View Post
Thanks a lot!

How about lounge access as *A Gold on MI flights?
Gioventu is offline  
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:24 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Europe / New York
Programs: LH, BA, AA
Posts: 687
Doubt you can access, it still isn’t part of star alliance.
LHSEN is offline  
Old Nov 23, 19, 8:49 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Any news on integration? Hope MI flights can qualify as *A soon.
Nothing yet as no plane have been refitted.
although there is a 737 MAX with SQ livery have been roll out of the hanger. But it is anybody guess that when the MAX will be back flying.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Nov 24, 19, 1:32 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 5
Long overdue for SilkAir to upgrade the business class seat since it charges a huge premium and load factors are very good. On one regional flight recently, J was fully booked and Y had plenty of seats.
Q69Q is offline  
Old Nov 24, 19, 2:44 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Q69Q View Post
Long overdue for SilkAir to upgrade the business class seat since it charges a huge premium and load factors are very good. On one regional flight recently, J was fully booked and Y had plenty of seats.
Problem is that the load on J might be connecting paxes which bring little revenue to MI.
lokijuh and Mlee888 like this.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:53 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by Gioventu View Post
Thanks a lot!

How about lounge access as *A Gold on MI flights?

No you can not
kkdenmark is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: