U.S to Buenos Aires Singapore Points

Reply

Old May 13, 18, 4:22 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 279
U.S to Buenos Aires Singapore Points

Hi All,

I have about 800,000 singapore points and would like to use them for 4 of us to travel from the central/eastern U.S to EZE in comfort. What are the best options I have based on availability and comfort.

Thanks!
Los_Pepes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 18, 7:24 am
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DCA or IAD (originally DUB)
Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Posts: 7,659
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes View Post
Hi All,

I have about 800,000 singapore points and would like to use them for 4 of us to travel from the central/eastern U.S to EZE in comfort. What are the best options I have based on availability and comfort.

Thanks!
The best options are the available options.
And finding four seats - in premium cabins? - on the same aircraft will be a tall order.
Also when are you planning on traveling?
What research have you done yourself?
FT is not a travel agency ... nor will people do the legwork for you ...
There are paid-for booking services if you want to use one of those Award booking services - a list and some reviews
chisquared likes this.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; May 13, 18 at 7:27 am Reason: added thread link
UAPremExecflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 18, 9:59 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer View Post
The best options are the available options.
And finding four seats - in premium cabins? - on the same aircraft will be a tall order.
Also when are you planning on traveling?
What research have you done yourself?
FT is not a travel agency ... nor will people do the legwork for you ...
There are paid-for booking services if you want to use one of those Award booking services - a list and some reviews
What an utterly obnoxious and useless response. I am really surprised that you took the time out of your day to draft it.

What I was looking for was someone to say "in my experience Singapore's partner airline XXX has good availability in premium to South America. You should start there." I wasn't looking for someone to do the legwork for me, I was looking to leverage the experience of other board members which is why FT exists.
Los_Pepes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 18, 11:37 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Singapore
Programs: KF, SPG Gold
Posts: 177
Use award hacker to find routes and then ask specific questions. As the other member said, donít expect others to do the groundwork for you.
chisquared likes this.
spk307 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 18, 11:50 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 39,970
You have four options in terms of carrier:

CM. Lots of availability, crappy product (no lie flats, indifferent service).
AV. Not sure about availability, mixed product (lie-flats BOG-EZE, varied seating options US-BOG, poor service)
UA. Lie-flats from IAH and EWR to EZE. Very very difficult award availability. Four seats in business will be next to impossible.
AC. Lie-flats from YYZ. Not sure about availability. Probably better than UA. But four seats still going to be really hard.

Overall, US to EZE is not a route I would be looking to use my SQ miles on, but . . . good luck!
Kacee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 18, 12:05 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
You have four options in terms of carrier:

CM. Lots of availability, crappy product (no lie flats, indifferent service).
AV. Not sure about availability, mixed product (lie-flats BOG-EZE, varied seating options US-BOG, poor service)
UA. Lie-flats from IAH and EWR to EZE. Very very difficult award availability. Four seats in business will be next to impossible.
AC. Lie-flats from YYZ. Not sure about availability. Probably better than UA. But four seats still going to be really hard.

Overall, US to EZE is not a route I would be looking to use my SQ miles on, but . . . good luck!
Thank you for the insights. This is exactly the type of response I was looking for.
Los_Pepes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 18, 8:04 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SIN/BOS
Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
Posts: 921
You might actually have better luck with UA than you think... especially in the summer (i.e. winter in Buenos Aires), although I'm not sure when you want to go — here's availability on the EWR-EZE nonstop in June:


and for example 6/6 and 6/7 are both showing I9

and IAH-EZE isn't that bad either:



and pulling some random dates 6/6 is I9 as is 7/2.

admittedly summer is low season and availability dries up past July but some more digging shows some very sporadic availability in the fall e.g. EWR-EZE is showing I9 on 9/12 and I6 on 9/19 (but with no availability anywhere else, which is odd), and IAH-EZE is I3 on 12/4.

Last edited by truncated; May 14, 18 at 8:26 am
truncated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 18, 2:02 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by truncated View Post
You might actually have better luck with UA than you think... especially in the summer (i.e. winter in Buenos Aires), although I'm not sure when you want to go ó here's availability on the EWR-EZE nonstop in June:


and for example 6/6 and 6/7 are both showing I9

and IAH-EZE isn't that bad either:



and pulling some random dates 6/6 is I9 as is 7/2.

admittedly summer is low season and availability dries up past July but some more digging shows some very sporadic availability in the fall e.g. EWR-EZE is showing I9 on 9/12 and I6 on 9/19 (but with no availability anywhere else, which is odd), and IAH-EZE is I3 on 12/4.
Thank you. I will check out United with the exact dates once I have a chance.
Los_Pepes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 18, 11:44 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, Marriott PLT, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Posts: 9,776
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes View Post
What an utterly obnoxious and useless response. I am really surprised that you took the time out of your day to draft it.
Actually I support UAPremExecflyer on this.

FWIW - just because FTers are nice does not mean FTers have to do your own works. If you have run into issues, FTers are gladly offering the help.

Still you have to work something up.
chisquared likes this.
garykung is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 18, 5:03 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Actually I support UAPremExecflyer on this.

FWIW - just because FTers are nice does not mean FTers have to do your own works. If you have run into issues, FTers are gladly offering the help.

Still you have to work something up.
Again, I wasn't looking for someone to do any work for me. You and UAPremExecflyer feel I should have spent the time looking into availability on all Singapore partners before asking for guidance, If my question was so exasperating and pointless why did he/she take the time to draft a response? FT's value is leveraging the experience of other members as a time saving measure. Asking the board where I might have the highest chance of success is hardly demanding others do work for me.
Kacee likes this.
Los_Pepes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 18, 8:36 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: SPG plat; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Plat; AS Gold; AA Plat
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes View Post
Thank you. I will check out United with the exact dates once I have a chance.
TK & ET are 2 *A partners that fly fifth freedom routes between GRU - EZE. TK availability in J is released within 3 months of departure and ET only releases 2 J award seats. Good luck!
arfaczar is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread