U.S to Buenos Aires Singapore Points

Old May 13, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

U.S to Buenos Aires Singapore Points

Hi All,

I have about 800,000 singapore points and would like to use them for 4 of us to travel from the central/eastern U.S to EZE in comfort. What are the best options I have based on availability and comfort.

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2018, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
Hi All,

I have about 800,000 singapore points and would like to use them for 4 of us to travel from the central/eastern U.S to EZE in comfort. What are the best options I have based on availability and comfort.

Thanks!
The best options are the available options.
And finding four seats - in premium cabins? - on the same aircraft will be a tall order.
Also when are you planning on traveling?
What research have you done yourself?
FT is not a travel agency ... nor will people do the legwork for you ...
There are paid-for booking services if you want to use one of those Award booking services - a list and some reviews
chisquared likes this.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; May 13, 2018 at 7:27 am Reason: added thread link
Old May 13, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
The best options are the available options.
And finding four seats - in premium cabins? - on the same aircraft will be a tall order.
Also when are you planning on traveling?
What research have you done yourself?
FT is not a travel agency ... nor will people do the legwork for you ...
There are paid-for booking services if you want to use one of those Award booking services - a list and some reviews
What an utterly obnoxious and useless response. I am really surprised that you took the time out of your day to draft it.

What I was looking for was someone to say "in my experience Singapore's partner airline XXX has good availability in premium to South America. You should start there." I wasn't looking for someone to do the legwork for me, I was looking to leverage the experience of other board members which is why FT exists.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Use award hacker to find routes and then ask specific questions. As the other member said, don’t expect others to do the groundwork for you.
chisquared likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You have four options in terms of carrier:

CM. Lots of availability, crappy product (no lie flats, indifferent service).
AV. Not sure about availability, mixed product (lie-flats BOG-EZE, varied seating options US-BOG, poor service)
UA. Lie-flats from IAH and EWR to EZE. Very very difficult award availability. Four seats in business will be next to impossible.
AC. Lie-flats from YYZ. Not sure about availability. Probably better than UA. But four seats still going to be really hard.

Overall, US to EZE is not a route I would be looking to use my SQ miles on, but . . . good luck!
Old May 13, 2018, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
You have four options in terms of carrier:

CM. Lots of availability, crappy product (no lie flats, indifferent service).
AV. Not sure about availability, mixed product (lie-flats BOG-EZE, varied seating options US-BOG, poor service)
UA. Lie-flats from IAH and EWR to EZE. Very very difficult award availability. Four seats in business will be next to impossible.
AC. Lie-flats from YYZ. Not sure about availability. Probably better than UA. But four seats still going to be really hard.

Overall, US to EZE is not a route I would be looking to use my SQ miles on, but . . . good luck!
Thank you for the insights. This is exactly the type of response I was looking for.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
You might actually have better luck with UA than you think... especially in the summer (i.e. winter in Buenos Aires), although I'm not sure when you want to go — here's availability on the EWR-EZE nonstop in June:

and for example 6/6 and 6/7 are both showing I9

and IAH-EZE isn't that bad either:

and pulling some random dates 6/6 is I9 as is 7/2.

admittedly summer is low season and availability dries up past July but some more digging shows some very sporadic availability in the fall e.g. EWR-EZE is showing I9 on 9/12 and I6 on 9/19 (but with no availability anywhere else, which is odd), and IAH-EZE is I3 on 12/4.

Last edited by truncated; May 14, 2018 at 8:26 am
Old May 14, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by truncated
You might actually have better luck with UA than you think... especially in the summer (i.e. winter in Buenos Aires), although I'm not sure when you want to go — here's availability on the EWR-EZE nonstop in June:

and for example 6/6 and 6/7 are both showing I9

and IAH-EZE isn't that bad either:

and pulling some random dates 6/6 is I9 as is 7/2.

admittedly summer is low season and availability dries up past July but some more digging shows some very sporadic availability in the fall e.g. EWR-EZE is showing I9 on 9/12 and I6 on 9/19 (but with no availability anywhere else, which is odd), and IAH-EZE is I3 on 12/4.
Thank you. I will check out United with the exact dates once I have a chance.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
What an utterly obnoxious and useless response. I am really surprised that you took the time out of your day to draft it.
Actually I support UAPremExecflyer on this.

FWIW - just because FTers are nice does not mean FTers have to do your own works. If you have run into issues, FTers are gladly offering the help.

Still you have to work something up.
chisquared likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Actually I support UAPremExecflyer on this.

FWIW - just because FTers are nice does not mean FTers have to do your own works. If you have run into issues, FTers are gladly offering the help.

Still you have to work something up.
Again, I wasn't looking for someone to do any work for me. You and UAPremExecflyer feel I should have spent the time looking into availability on all Singapore partners before asking for guidance, If my question was so exasperating and pointless why did he/she take the time to draft a response? FT's value is leveraging the experience of other members as a time saving measure. Asking the board where I might have the highest chance of success is hardly demanding others do work for me.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Thank you. I will check out United with the exact dates once I have a chance.
TK & ET are 2 *A partners that fly fifth freedom routes between GRU - EZE. TK availability in J is released within 3 months of departure and ET only releases 2 J award seats. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.