Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access when flying F & C on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Lounge access when flying F & C on SQ

I know that PPS Club & Elite Gold & Star Alliance Gold members are entitled to bring a guest into the lounge when flying SQ (except where otherwise stated).

What is the policy for regular (no FF status) F & C passengers? Is guest(s) allowed?

My mom (no FF-status) travelled on C LAX-SIN with her friend and her friend was given a lounge invitation as well.
I travelled C SIN-HKG last December (7 in C, 3 in Y) and the lounge staff was very calculative, saying that actually only one of the Y passengers may join (courtesy of my PPS Club status).

StarG
Old Mar 16, 2004, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarG:
I know that PPS Club & Elite Gold & Star Alliance Gold members are entitled to bring a guest into the lounge when flying SQ (except where otherwise stated).

What is the policy for regular (no FF status) F & C passengers? Is guest(s) allowed?

My mom (no FF-status) travelled on C LAX-SIN with her friend and her friend was given a lounge invitation as well.
I travelled C SIN-HKG last December (7 in C, 3 in Y) and the lounge staff was very calculative, saying that actually only one of the Y passengers may join (courtesy of my PPS Club status).

StarG
</font>
Before I have my PPS status, I had trouble bringing 2 of my friends in travelling in Y for our SIN-SYD flight. It was after some cajoling and showing her my RTW itineary consisting mostly of SQ sectors, did they obliged.

I guess the lounge was rather full that time, so they were quite strict in limiting guests.

Old Mar 17, 2004, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If you have no status, and is just a F/C passenger and your companion is in Y, you are not allowed to take him/her in.

SQ is pretty strict about this.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 6:37 am

To my best knowledge,

Travelling in F: 1 guest (has to be travelling on a Star flight, not necesssarily the same)
Travelling in C: No guests

=================

A question of my own:

If you arrive, say, ICN-SIN in F and depart SIN-LHR in Y, do you get any lounge access in the SKL?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 6:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Nope. You are assessed entry eligibility based on your departing flight, not arrival. But then, maybe you can talk your way to the lounge on the basis of your F class. I dunno, say (F+Y)/2=J. Haha.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 6:13 am

Things is, I could have sworn that I saw something on SIA's website (though now that I try to find it, I can't) which amounted to:

Arriving passengers in F/J/PPS can use the Silver Kris lounges (except where restricted by law - ie. LHR)

Can't find it anywhere now, but I'm sure I saw it before. Has anyone heard anything similar?
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:52 am
Patron

Don's swear!

Originally Posted by stargold
Arriving passengers in F/J/PPS can use the Silver Kris lounges (except where restricted by law - ie. LHR). Has anyone heard anything similar?
I read this here several times, but I never read it on SIA documents.

In any case, all the best & I keep my fingers cross that you are successful!

Old Jun 8, 2004, 11:12 pm
Patron

Answer from SIA Customer Service

Originally Posted by stargold
Arriving passengers in F/J/PPS can use the Silver Kris lounges (except where restricted by law - ie. LHR)
Not surprisingly, this is the answer I received within 12 hours:
We wish to inform that our Silver Kris Lounge in Singapore is open to our First/Raffles Class and PPS Club passengers departing from Singapore. ....

Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Rather than starting a new thread - and bearing in mind this one is 5 years old.

I am travelling;
HKG-SIN (SQ F) then SIN-BNE (SQ C), not that it matters but I'm a *G (but not SQ or PPS)

Its a little unfortunate but obviously SQ doesn't sell F tickets to BNE, as such I think that that there wouldn't be an opportunity for me to try the SIN F lounge.

However, this is only my guess, I was wondering if anyone had tried this - or knew if the rules were any more relaxed than there were 4 years ago?

I'm sure the normal SIN lounge won't be too bad of course
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Rather than starting a new thread - and bearing in mind this one is 5 years old.

I am travelling;
HKG-SIN (SQ F) then SIN-BNE (SQ C), not that it matters but I'm a *G (but not SQ or PPS)

Its a little unfortunate but obviously SQ doesn't sell F tickets to BNE, as such I think that that there wouldn't be an opportunity for me to try the SIN F lounge.

However, this is only my guess, I was wondering if anyone had tried this - or knew if the rules were any more relaxed than there were 4 years ago?

I'm sure the normal SIN lounge won't be too bad of course
I have tried this a few times arriving on SQ25 from JFK/FRA connecting to a route without F and have always gotten a polite no. Most recent attempt was
in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.