FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   J "Pseudo-Flat" Seats are terrible (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1907192-j-pseudo-flat-seats-terrible.html)

Live4Upgrade May 2, 2018 7:17 am

J "Pseudo-Flat" Seats are terrible

Had the misfortune of getting one of the old 772's on SQ401 DEL-SIN with the old angled "flat" seats. Totally uncomfortable in upright, "angled flat" and any other position. The leather is so slick that it's impossible to avoid sliding down the seat. Coupled with that, the entertainment was still cassette based and no WiFi.

Service was good. But, UA hard product (even the 2-4-2 in old UA aircraft J) is better than the old SQ seats.

Shocked that SQ hasn't ripped out these old seats and gone "full flat" fleet wide.

br2k May 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Ok, so I have a flight coming up on one of these (on the same route).

Right now all seats are available (although all the bassinet positions are blocked).
- At what point do they release the bassinet seats? Check in?
- I selected 12K for now. When isle neighbor is fully reclined - would I be able to get out?
- How's row 11 middle/bulkhead in terms of noise? It's a night flight and I need the sleep :)

lokijuh May 18, 2018 1:29 am

Originally Posted by br2k (Post 29762489)
Ok, so I have a flight coming up on one of these (on the same route).

Right now all seats are available (although all the bassinet positions are blocked).
- I selected 12K for now. When isle neighbor is fully reclined - would I be able to get out?
- How's row 11 middle/bulkhead in terms of noise? It's a night flight and I need the sleep :)

I like row 11 , plenty of space, the noise is not significantly more than 2 m away in row 12. I am pretty sure you can climb out in any row when neighbour fully reclined unless you have mobility issues.

As for sleeping, and the lie-flatness of the seat, all it takes is a little imagination to get comfortable and stop sliding down. I find that getting out of the seat, then putting the it into the pre-set angled lie flat position and then ever so slightly moving it back towards the upright position is optimal - this puts a very slight kink in the seat that stops sliding down. I also use the blanket or a second pillow to rest my feet on - that also helps with the comfort. Then you're set. Or adjust things to whatever suits you. But chances are just moving to pre-set position will be less than optimal.

br2k May 18, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks for the information!

iluvcruising2 Jun 17, 2018 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade (Post 29706681)
Had the misfortune of getting one of the old 772's on SQ401 DEL-SIN with the old angled "flat" seats. Totally uncomfortable in upright, "angled flat" and any other position. The leather is so slick that it's impossible to avoid sliding down the seat. Coupled with that, the entertainment was still cassette based and no WiFi.

Service was good. But, UA hard product (even the 2-4-2 in old UA aircraft J) is better than the old SQ seats.

Shocked that SQ hasn't ripped out these old seats and gone "full flat" fleet wide.

That's why they have bought the new Boeing 787-10 as the new standard for their regional fleet.

Yeah, the seats aren't great. Flew them on the Singapore-Canberra-Wellington and back.
I could get some decent sleep, probably because I was very tired.

FN-GM Jun 18, 2018 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade (Post 29706681)
Coupled with that, the entertainment was still cassette

Not sure what you mean by cassette based but they are AVOD and it all tuns off hard drives not a cassette.

jinrop Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by br2k (Post 29762489)

Just call them and they will release it usually, telling you that if someone needs the seat for a bassinet you will be reassigned,