Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350-900 ULR Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I found a nice J fare ex-SGN connecting in SIN onto SQ 22 for ~$2600 OW. Not a bad way to try out this flight!

Last edited by merc1234; Jun 28, 2018 at 9:39 am Reason: SQ22 not SQ26, sorry!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
I was unable to find a single day where a business class award seat for 92K miles (saver rate) was available on this flight, even at the end of their schedule. As was suggested by the phone interaction, it appears that awards/upgrades on this flight are currently blocked. Please post if you have been able to book an award on this flight.
True, no 92k saver level business redemption available at this moment. I have two flights in late Oct. waitlisted with a confirmed PE seat (saver level) just in case ...
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:00 pm

Sorry if already mentioned, but is there information yet on the business class seats that will be used on the ulr? I've seen quite a bit on the PE seats, but with respect to business class there seem to be some articles saying that they will use a seat similar to the a380 and some that suggest it will be the same as the non ulr version of the a350. Is anyone able to tell just by looking at the seat map, or has there otherwise been news on it?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by lkar
Sorry if already mentioned, but is there information yet on the business class seats that will be used on the ulr? I've seen quite a bit on the PE seats, but with respect to business class there seem to be some articles saying that they will use a seat similar to the a380 and some that suggest it will be the same as the non ulr version of the a350. Is anyone able to tell just by looking at the seat map, or has there otherwise been news on it?
I don't think anyone knows. I haven't seen anything definitive on any website. I read the Singapore Airlines' press releases but all of the press releases state is the following "This ultra-long-range aircraft will be configured in a two-class layout, with 67 Business Class seats and 94 Premium Economy Class seats." I'm hoping the ULR gets the 2017 J seat but the 2013 J seat seems likely as it already fits within the A350.
lkar likes this.

Last edited by rotatev2; Jul 17, 2018 at 7:08 am
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:06 pm

Everyone raves about row 11 and 19 but unfortunately the flight I booked had those taken up right away. Are the other ones significantly worse or just marginally?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Everyone raves about row 11 and 19 but unfortunately the flight I booked had those taken up right away. Are the other ones significantly worse or just marginally?
I haven't flown on a SQ A350 yet so I can't speak from experience but most reviewers have complained about the small cubby hole for your feet on the non-bulkhead seats. Mainly Miles has a good overview here: https://mainlymiles.com/fleet-a350/
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
They are likely blocked, not necessarily taken. At OLCI you should be able to select them, but be aware that you might have to concede your bulkhead seat to someone with an infant.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:58 am

Are A359ULR J seats the same model as those on the regular A359?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by coffee18
Million dollar question. No one seems to know for sure yet.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by coffee18
Yes they are [edit: SQ confirmed this to us a few months back].
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by lkar
While Singapore Airlines hasn't made this explicit in its press release (hence some confusion and speculation) the ULR will use the same business class seat as the standard A350-900. We quizzed the airline on ULR seating at the time of the non-stop NY announcement and SQ media advised "We have chosen to use a consistent product across our long-haul A350 fleet."

Last edited by djsflynn; Jul 29, 2018 at 3:28 am
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Singapore Airlines hasn't made this explicit it in its press releaat as these (and hence some confusion and speculation) but the ULR will use the same business class seat as the standard A350-900. We quizzed the airline on ULR seating at the time of the non-stop NY announcement and SQ media advised "We have chosen to use a consistent product across our long-haul A350 fleet."
Thanks for the clarification. I suppose this makes sense, though it's a bit disappointing.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:48 am

Singapore's first 'ultralong range' A350 out of paint shop
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:04 pm

For those looking for redemption flights on the ULR, mainlymiles did a search and found that FRI-SUN is blocked and up to 4 award J can be found on certain MON-THU flights
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by kevinoh
For those looking for redemption flights on the ULR, mainlymiles did a search and found that FRI-SUN is blocked and up to 4 award J can be found on certain MON-THU flights
I recently booked 3 J on the ULR for LAX - SIN on a Thursday, and 3 J on SIN -LAX on a Monday. But that being said I do remember seeing 3x availability on the Sunday flight but I wanted the Monday one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.