Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350-900 ULR Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I have a question regarding the premium economy seats... what fare class are they? I can't find it on the website, so it's hard for me to see how they will translate into OZ miles... can someone help?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Gasolin
I have a question regarding the premium economy seats... what fare class are they? I can't find it on the website, so it's hard for me to see how they will translate into OZ miles... can someone help?
Will ultimately depend on which fare level is available, or you choose. Premium economy can be S, T, R or P according to accrual chart. To find out what fare class is on flight you choose, once selected your flights, click on " Full fare rules and conditions" and the first letter of the "FARE BASIS CODE" will tell you.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:26 pm

As I said earlier in this thread, don't rely on R = 200%

That's the old R (suites/first). I'm willing to wager that OZ will update their chart for Oct 2018 when the new PE R fare goes live. You can see older changes made on OZ's SQ chart too. P may even drop too, who knows
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:10 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
I have a booking on SQ25/26 in January. Checked with phone reservations, no free change available to new EWR flights. However the phone agent did not seem to be aware that JFK and EWR serve the same city!

Also the lounge choice in an interesting one for SQ. Neither the Lufthansa or SAS lounges are open in the morning, so SQ would have to pay to have them one of them opened. UA is probably nicer for those eligible for Polaris lounge. Wonder if UA could spare them a gate in C-3 from 0530-0930 or whatever it is?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:45 am

If i recall from a recent article (believe it was an interview with CX), i thought the reduced seating was due to a second fuel tank to accomplish the ultra long haul range.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:45 am

Duplicated post
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by global happy traveller
If i recall from a recent article (believe it was an interview with CX), i thought the reduced seating was due to a second fuel tank to accomplish the ultra long haul range.
The reduced seating and the reason SQ opted for Business and Premium Economy was mentioned in many media articles including some of the ones I posted on page 1 of this thread.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I grabbed one of the solo premium economy seats for January. JFK-FRA-SIN was cheaper by $100 but all that time in the air plus transiting seemed more annoying than 19 hours in the sky all at once. ~$1300 P fare.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Some interesting photos and a short video of the Premium Economy seats being made by Zodiac in Gainesville, Texas.

While the article correctly says "Premium Economy", someone forgot to proof-read the video which clearly says "Economy" at the 00:28 mark.

Nonetheless, kind of cool to see how the SQ seat is made. Also mention of the single "throne" seats.

The making of the airplane seats for the world's longest flight

Cynthia Drescher, CNN • Published 14th June 2018

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/l...ats/index.html

Quote:

"The review process then moves from the factory to Singapore, as airline spokesperson James Boyd tells CNN Travel: "We want to make the ultra long-haul flight as comfortable as we can, and so we have a similar testing procedure in Singapore, whereby we invite our frequent fliers and staff to spend the night in the seat and report back.""

If any SQ FFs on this forum are invited to test, it would be great to hear about it unless one is sworn to secrecy.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Upgrade

I called in today to try to upgrade my flights to business. Agent advised that both outbound and return flights were "closed" and are not accepting ANY upgrades. Not even wait-list. Expert flyer shows only 2 seats taken in business. Strange, I wonder why?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
I called in today to try to upgrade my flights to business. Agent advised that both outbound and return flights were "closed" and are not accepting ANY upgrades. Not even wait-list. Expert flyer shows only 2 seats taken in business. Strange, I wonder why?
Is there redemption availability on your chosen flights?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by stargold
Is there redemption availability on your chosen flights?
I was unable to find a single day where a business class award seat for 92K miles (saver rate) was available on this flight, even at the end of their schedule. As was suggested by the phone interaction, it appears that awards/upgrades on this flight are currently blocked. Please post if you have been able to book an award on this flight.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
I was unable to find a single day where a business class award seat for 92K miles (saver rate) was available on this flight, even at the end of their schedule. As was suggested by the phone interaction, it appears that awards/upgrades on this flight are currently blocked. Please post if you have been able to book an award on this flight.
Not at all surprising...
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
I was unable to find a single day where a business class award seat for 92K miles (saver rate) was available on this flight, even at the end of their schedule. As was suggested by the phone interaction, it appears that awards/upgrades on this flight are currently blocked.
They might not open up the award for redemption outright, but if you waitlist early enough, the waitlist might still clear. It was the same for the SIN - SFO non-stop, I did a waitlist for 4 business class seats about 10 months out. This was when the non-stop was quite recently announced and not a single seat was available for redemption. 1 or 2 months later, all 4 waitlists confirmed. On the actual flight, business class was actually full. So waitlist doesn't mean they will not open up.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
RTW on ULR flights?

These EWR-SIN flights don't appear to be showing in the RTW Star Alliance booking tool. Seems on the SIngapore website they have discounted U fares, but nothing in D. Do you think this flight will stay excluded and no D fares offered?

Oddly, they have Z fares listed as part of the highest "Flexi" price levels, but on other airlines Z fare (discounted business) can be booked using a RTW ticket.

UPDATE: Nevermind. After doing some searching it looks like they have some D fare seats on the Mon-Thur departures, but NOT the Fri-Sun departures. No idea if that is going to be permanent or just for the initial stages of the roll-out. But the Z fare comment still stands in that when you do RTW for like a United flight it can book into Z and not D, but not for SQ. It seems that SQ has positioned the Z fare as a way to offer discounted business to their direct sales channels, but not accessible by RTW tickets (or tickets on other airline stock?)

Last edited by bkc6j; Jun 27, 2018 at 9:20 am Reason: Found some answers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.