Wiki Posts
Search

A350-900 ULR Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Ewr-sin

What was the timing of it previously? Ex-ewr seems weird (10am-5pm)
Ex-sin matches sq26, midnight-6am (which makes you wonder what's going to happen to sq26?)

Before, ex-ewr was midnight-6am (sq21)
Ex-sin was 10am-6pm(sq22)
I don't think any changes will happen to SQ26. They are arriving at different times into different airports after all. I'm not too excited by the early arrival into EWR with this timing... though I guess it makes for better connections and for my purposes, i can arrive the make it even for mid-morning meetings if I feel up for the madness.

In any case I'm glad the flight is back, I've hated having to take SQ25/26 as my US office is only 30mins away from EWR, and the FRA transit is a PITA. I will dearly miss the Virgin Atlantic lounge though!
Old May 31, 2018, 7:23 am

Good old SQ21 and 22 is back................... Premium Economy on their A345 was pretty good.....
Lots of snacks (like chicken pot pie, sandwiches, curry puffs etc....) Also with less people on board (50/50 split between J and PY in space) the atmosphere was more relaxing..........

Like the new schedule now........ leaves midnight SIN and arrives 5am EWR which allows you to connect with other carriers and get to the office same day..... for the return though.... you can sleep before travel and get to SIN in time for dinner....

Previously it was midnight departure from EWR, arriving SIN at 4am.... return was 12pm arriving EWR at 5:30pm in time for last evening connection flights.....
Old May 31, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Seat map is posted - https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...50-900-ULR.pdf

The last 3 rows of PEY look interesting with 1-4-1...
Old May 31, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Bet those single seats in PEY will be blocked for PPS until OLCI... but interesting for solo travellers.

Checked prices and they're in line with the current JFK-FRA-SIN so at least they're not charging a premium to fly this service.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
Bet those single seats in PEY will be blocked for PPS until OLCI... but interesting for solo travellers.

Checked prices and they're in line with the current JFK-FRA-SIN so at least they're not charging a premium to fly this service.
Nope I just booked one of them lol.
Also somewhat surprisingly the EWR-SIN nonstop is cheaper than JFK-FRA-SIN over the Christmas/New Year's period since I guess inventory is wide open for now.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by truncated
Also somewhat surprisingly the EWR-SIN nonstop is cheaper than JFK-FRA-SIN over the Christmas/New Year's period since I guess inventory is wide open for now.
Nice, gonna book one now to try it out... J outbound and PEY inbound.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:02 pm

one negative thing about the current PE seats:
if load is light, you cannot raise the armrests and have an economy lie-flat seat

from EF, seems like bulkhead row 31, AC&HK are blocked, EF bassinet seats are blocked, but DF aisles are selectable

Left|middle|right
AC DEFG HK

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
from EF picking a random date (10/30-11/13 EWR-SIN)

cheapest booking class for PE = R
R is new, P used to be the cheapest fare basis for PE
(fare class for suites used to be R... slightly confusing
EF is confused too, thinks that cabin=PremiumFirst for this PE fare)

who wants to be a guinea pig, credit to a partner airline and see what happens? partner airlines will likely update their award chart by October

NYC-SIN, I see separate fares for SQ21/22 vs SQ25/26, does not overlap
RMAP21TA (NYC-FRA-AMS/ATH/LON/...-SIN, flexible routing, transatlantic must be on SQ25/26)
RMAP45NP (via north-pacific, NYC-SIN routing only on SQ21/22)
RMAP45NA (via north-atlantic, NYC-SIN routing only on SQ21/22)

same price right now for all the fares ($1400USD), but I can imagine this changing.
also, the "45" = advance 45-day fare, "21" = advance 21-day fare, so there is a difference after September
RMAP21NA/P is $1475USD

difference comes from taxes/fees due to the FRA stopover
Germany Passenger Service Charge International Departure (RA)
$49.40

-----------------
for SIN-EWR, the fare basis has no routing restrictions, can do nonstop or FRA stop

R15SGR02 SGD 2100
RT5SGGV202 SGD 1800 (min 2 passengers)

on singaporeair.com, when you choose PE, it says
"Priority treatment - First Class check-in reception".

if you choose Business, it doesn't say that

Last edited by paperwastage; Jun 2, 2018 at 9:23 am
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Probably means somewhere in the SQ systems / website the R booking class part being now PE isn't fully sorted / cleaned up.

Similarily, when you make a Biz award booking currently the confirmation that the website displays has green color and says Economy, but shows booking class I and 40kg luggage allowance. Go figure.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:41 am

from EF, seems like bulkhead row 31, AC&HK are blocked, EF bassinet seats are blocked, but DF aisles are selectable

Left middle right
AC DEFG HK
31AC/HK aren't blocked per se, they're the extra legroom seats that you can pay $120 for. (Interestingly on the pdf seatmap it only shows 31C and H (i.e. the aisles but not the windows) as extra legroom, but when you make a booking all 4 seats are extra legroom ones.)

from EF picking a random date (10/30-11/13 EWR-SIN)

cheapest booking class for PE = R
R is new, P used to be the cheapest fare basis for PE
(fare class for suites used to be R... slightly confusing
EF is confused too, thinks that cabin=PremiumFirst for this PE fare)

who wants to be a guinea pig, credit to a partner airline and see what happens? partner airlines will likely update their award chart by October
I would (given how OZ still shows R at 200%) but I booked a P fare since I needed the flexibility.

I see separate fares for SQ21/22 vs SQ25/26, does not overlap
RMAP21TA (NYC-FRA-AMS/ATH/LON/...-SIN, flexible routing, transatlantic must be on SQ25/26)
RMAP45NP (via north-pacific, NYC-SIN routing only on SQ21/22)
RMAP45NA (via north-atlantic, NYC-SIN routing only on SQ21/22)

same price right now for all the fares ($1400USD), but I can imagine this changing.
also, the "45" = advance 45-day fare, "21" = advance 21-day fare, so there is a difference after September
RMAP21NA/P is $1475USD

difference comes from taxes/fees due to the FRA stopover
Germany Passenger Service Charge International Departure (RA)
$49.40
I wonder what the difference is between the NP and NA fares (since both route on SQ21/22 anyway)...
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:55 am

I would (given how OZ still shows R at 200%) but I booked a P fare since I needed the flexibility.
if you look at OZ's partner accrual, they definitely keep it updated

I only see R fare bucket starting in oct when SQ21/22 begins... so you can't just book a PE R fare on SQ25/26 tonight

https://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepa...=CMS#singapore
Applied as of 2018.02.01.
* M,H,W : 100% → 75%
* L : 100% → 0%

I wonder what the difference is between the NP and NA fares (since both route on SQ21/22 anyway)...
might be a GDS routing issue? technically SQ21/22 flies more atlantic ex-EWR and pacific ex-SIN

the only difference I see in the text is P = Pacific, A = Atlantic.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Some interesting details from Lucky

Singapore Airlines’ Newark To Singapore Flight Is Now Bookable!
MAY 30 2018

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....gapore-newark/
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Looks like there's stacks of storage space at the 'solo seats'.

Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
SIA expects payload restrictions on some A350-900ULR flights

Full article here

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-900ul-449158/

Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
SIN-LAX will be the ULR as well? seems like a bit of a waste...
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by merridius
SIN-LAX will be the ULR as well? seems like a bit of a waste...
I believe that was the original plan, but still waiting for the announcement. I remember taking one of their final flights on this route with the old plane and their were only 50 people on the entire plane. It was a nice flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.