Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore pulling some funny business on SAS Partner Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

One way biz class from Europe to N America should be 65k miles. SQ website is pricing a one way business award on SAS at 95,000 miles and listing it under First Class even though SAS doesn't have first class.

When I called, agent insisted these awards were 95k.

Very shady Singapore, very shady.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They show F options on TK too even though TK doesn't have F.

However the website doesn't allow you to do more than view the available flight options... i.e. it doesn't price the ticket (miles + $) when you select your preferred flight and doesn't let you book.

Did you try HUACA?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:17 am

It depends on how you search.
If you search for F, it will give you F rate even in J.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
When I search for *A LAX-SIN next year online it will price LAX-AKL-SIN including segments on non-existent NZ F.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Ah there's the rub. If you search in F, SAS awards come up. If you search in J, they don't. So something is very, very off because SAS has no F, only J.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by JorgePancho
Very shady Singapore, very shady.
If by saying this you are implying that SQ is trying to rip you off, I can only offer up an old quote "Never ever attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence".

IIRC, typically the fare bucket used by F awards in star alliance is "O" class. However carriers without F (eg NZ, TK, SK) do use "O" class for commercial tickets - NZ for premium economy and TK and SK for economy (at least according to ExpertFlyer). Hence the inventory seen when doing a star alliance award search for F awards, is actually showing commercial inventory for lower class of travel. Avianca's Life Miles had the same problem showing availability in F for NZ, for what was commercial premium economy seats. Someone should write to SQ and point out this problem. It seems there mappings are not completely correct.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Happening when I try and search ORD-CDG and get routed through either CPH or ARN on SAS. Showing as first class inventory when they clearly don't have that class of service.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Happening when I try and search ORD-CDG and get routed through either CPH or ARN on SAS. Showing as first class inventory when they clearly don't have that class of service.
I have a feeling this issue has something to do with how SQ recognises (albeit wrongly) the fare class O on SK.

On *A carriers with First, including SQ, the fare class for First awards is O. But on SK, O is a cash (non-award) Economy fare. SQ's systems probably aren't smart enough to recognise that. Even ExpertFlyer seems to label SK's O as "First Class".

It would be interesting to see if the Krisflyer booking goes through. First Class award rates for a revenue Economy ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.