Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Legal booking or backtracking? JFK-NRT(NH)-SIN-CHC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:12 pm
gpy
Original Poster

I'm planning my first Krisflyer redemption and could use some advice!

We're NYC based and trying to plan a trip to New Zealand in F. We could do JFK-FRA-SIN-CHC on SQ but would really like to stop in Tokyo on the way.

Would it be possible to book a *A award with the first leg in ANA F from JFK-TYO then TYO-SIN-CHC in SQ F/J? The only *A search on SQ's site I can find routing through Tokyo is ORD/IAD-TYO on NH connecting to a direct flight on Air New Zealand in J. Is my desired route considered backtracking?

​​​​​​Thanks!
​​​
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by gpy
Would it be possible to book a *A award with the first leg in ANA F from JFK-TYO then TYO-SIN-CHC in SQ F/J?
There is no such SQ/*A routing as JFK-NRT-SIN-CHC. Since you are essentially trying to book JFK-CHC, you'll have to make 2 separate award bookings if you want to stop in both NRT/HND and SIN on the way.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:16 pm
gpy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 17cc
There is no such SQ/*A routing as JFK-NRT-SIN-CHC. Since you are essentially trying to book JFK-CHC, you'll have to make 2 separate award bookings if you want to stop in both NRT/HND and SIN on the way.
Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by 17cc
Or reposition to LAX and do LAX - NRT - SIN - CHC on SQ F/J.
gpy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.