Wiki Posts
Search

Which SQ fares do not earn miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC
Which SQ fares do not earn miles?

Is there a link on SQ's site to look at the fare basis and know this?

There is a SFO-BKK fare that sounds like not a bad deal for Y ($548) but I don't think it earns miles. VMSQPA35
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
V fares do not accrue miles. There is a "Click here to view alternate fares" link at the bottom of the page when you price out your SFO-BKK-SFO itineary on www.singaporeair.com . Click on it and it will reveal all other fares and conditions. FYI, the cheapest miles accruable fare SFO-BKK is $1145.

[This message has been edited by ws8n (edited 09-04-2003).]
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:39 am

I think it's G/N/Q/V.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC
Hi ws8n, and Chiangi. Thanks for the replies.
Hehe - $1145 is a bit more than "a couple hundred dollars to accrue miles" for which I usually hear from my friends that fly SQ in Y to Asia often.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chiangi:
I think it's G/N/Q/V.</font>
This is right.

[This message has been edited by LondonElite (edited 09-06-2003).]
Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:28 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Yes, if you book via the SQ site, you get the best information if it acrues or doesn't. I know I was flying there for busienss and the cheapest fare I found was $1100 then I checked alternative fares and found it was like $1300 with miles. Also, the higher fare was changable with no fees. I picked the higher fare. There are some really cheap fares to SIN right now.. I think in the area of $600-700 (but no miles). Another option is to check the cheap fares on UA.. they all earn miles.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 9:40 am

My aunt flew LAX-TPE in Q booking class for $585 in August. My uncle said that there are 6 booking classes for economy. Is Q the lowest and Y the highest?

Kenjih, I agree with you that the Y class fare is a bit more than "a couple hundred dollars." I flew TPE-LAX r/t in Y last summer for 36,000 TWD, which is about $1057.

------------------
9V-SMU
The 1000th 747
Currently operated by Singapore Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.