Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No booking confirmation received

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

No booking confirmation received

I booked flights this afternoon on the SQ website and I haven't received an email confirmation yet. Unfortunately I didn't write down the booking reference number so I can't look it up. Short of ringing SQ is there any other way to find / retreive my booking? The payment isn't showing on my CC yet either, however this isn't unusual with my bank...for some reason it can be a day or two before thetransaction shows and the balance is changed to reflect you have purchased something. I'm certain it was the correct email and I received an email less than hour later from there about phising emails and I hadn't received any other emails from SQ so I'd say the email was correct.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Login to your account and see if you're able to see the booking details.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:57 am
Original Poster

I don’t have an account/krisflyer number so that doesn’t work its frustrating that you can’t log into manage my booking using your email address, last name & flight details combo. Guess i’ll be giving SQ a call later todau.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Melissa Barnes
I don’t have an account/krisflyer number so that doesn’t work its frustrating that you can’t log into manage my booking using your email address, last name & flight details combo. Guess i’ll be giving SQ a call later todau.
Yeah you would have to call them if that's the case.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: LH FTL
Did you look into the spam/junk mail folder? (The classic )
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:50 am

This happened to me as well. On Monday evening, April 16, I booked a one way flight CCU-PEK directly on Singapore Air's website. I live in the US east coast so it would have been Tuesday in Singapore, India, and China, for whatever that's worth. That's been about 36 hours ago, and I still have not received an email confirmation of the booking. I have a Krisflyer account, but it shows no bookings. My credit card account shows the transaction, but says "Pending". I don't have a booking reference, so I cannot look it up.

The only confirmation I have is that I had entered two email addresses to share the itinerary. I have received that email on both accounts, but it pretty much only gives the itinerary. There's no booking number or anything else helpful. I entered my United MileagePlus number for accrual, if that makes any difference. However, I was logged into my Krisflyer account when making the reservation.

OP, have you received anything yet? My flight isn't until November, so I'm still almost 7 months out and not concerned about that. I've just never seen this happen before.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:36 am
Original Poster

I had to ring SQ and the sent me through a copy of the itinerary. It wasn't the actual booking and doesn't have the e-ticket number on it, but it does the have booking reference on it and I am able to log onto the SQ website using this and can see my booking and e-ticket number etc.
Very strange that the itinerary that you received doesn't have the booking reference on it. I'd be giving SQ a call.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:43 pm

This is what is in the email. I blotted out my name in two places, but other than that it's a screenshot of the entire email exactly as I received it (other than "do not reply to this email", "Download our app", "blah blah blah"). Status is Confirmed, but there is nothing else.

I entered two email addresses in the fields given during booking to send the itinerary to a friend/relative/whoever you want to know about your itinerary. If I wouldn't have entered email addresses there, I would not have anything at all from Singapore Air. Now, close to two full days since booking, the credit card transaction still shows Pending. I'm beginning to wonder if Capital One is waiting for me to confirm the transaction, but I would think that they would notify me.

A few months ago I booked a flight on Saudia using the same credit card. However, that time the credit card instantly rejected the purchase. I received a message that I would need to confirm it with them first. I called, confirmed that it was legit, and booked the ticket while I was on the phone with the Capital One rep. This time the transaction went right through.

Last edited by g289t; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

I'd say they haven't included the booking reference on that email as you are 'sharing' it with someone and theoretically if that person had your booking ref and name they could log in and change the booking, so it seems to be a security measure. I'd give SQ a call - it didn't take them long to sort mine out when I called them.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Melissa Barnes
I'd say they haven't included the booking reference on that email as you are 'sharing' it with someone and theoretically if that person had your booking ref and name they could log in and change the booking, so it seems to be a security measure. I'd give SQ a call - it didn't take them long to sort mine out when I called them.
Yes, I realize that booking references aren't normally provided in sharing emails. My problem is that this is the only email I've received, and only because I "shared" it with myself.

I'll give it some time, since it's over 6 months away yet. It's just strange. The only reason I'd want to get the booking finished is that the price is quite good. I'd hate to have it cancel down the road, and then booking it again would result in a higher price.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:08 pm

Update: I called Singapore Air's US toll free number. The agent I spoke to said that I need to fill out a consent form in order for them to share my information. The form was on their website. I filled it out and emailed it to the address he gave me. About 12 hours later I received an email from singaporeair saying that my itinerary had been emailed. It was, complete with the booking reference and e-ticket number.

Another interesting thing is that the credit card transaction updated to show a number in the description, part of which seems to be related to the e-ticket number. Also, the price dropped by $1.43. The reservation was booked in INR (Indian Rupee). I'm guessing that the exchange rate changed between the time I made the reservation and when it was confirmed.

The agent told me that the reservation probably didn't show up automatically in my Krisflyer account because I entered my United MileagePlus number for accrual during booking.

Thank you for your advice to call Singapore Air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.