Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidating two bookings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Consolidating two bookings

I am looking to travel Perth to Dubai in May. Looking at options it is possible to book Per to Sin return and Sin to DXB return for about $A700 cheaper than I can book Per to DXB return. If I booked 2 separate tickets can I reconsolidate into one booking? Reason I ask is the best return has a 2 hr layover and I wouldnt want to be arguing if there is a missed connection. I could book a later departure or purchase insurance but would just prefer to hand responsibility to SIA.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I am looking to travel Perth to Dubai in May. Looking at options it is possible to book Per to Sin return and Sin to DXB return for about $A700 cheaper than I can book Per to DXB return. If I booked 2 separate tickets can I reconsolidate into one booking? Reason I ask is the best return has a 2 hr layover and I wouldnt want to be arguing if there is a missed connection. I could book a later departure or purchase insurance but would just prefer to hand responsibility to SIA.
I don't know about meeting your price... but you can book multicity / segments option to book all the legs in a single ticket.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
If you want to "hand responsibility to SIA" then you have to buy it as one ticket... There is nothing you can do if you buy two tickets. If it was possible everyone would be doing it... And because it is not possible, airlines can get away with such pricing...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
If you want to "hand responsibility to SIA" then you have to buy it as one ticket... There is nothing you can do if you buy two tickets. If it was possible everyone would be doing it... And because it is not possible, airlines can get away with such pricing...
Well given they are two connecting SIA flights I would think it is their responsibility. I assume they dont show it on their search engine given the other options from other carriers are so expensive , however there are cheaper options with longer layovers with other carriers doing the split bookings, so the alternative is to get no business against consolidating a booking. No skin off my nose.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Well given they are two connecting SIA flights I would think it is their responsibility.
If the flights were purchased as a connection then yes, SQ does take responsibility for the connection. However, what you are asking is what would happen if you purchased the two flights individually and not as connecting flights.

As far as SQ is concerned you do not have a connection, and they will not consolidate the bookings into one as this will cause a violation of the fare rules for the PER-SIN-PER and SIN-DXB-SIN bookings. By consolidating the bookings, it would change it to a PER-DXB-PER one and that has it's own fare basis. You can ask them to 'link' the two bookings if that's something they still do so that you can check your bags through to DXB at PER (and vice versa), but if they don't do this anymore then you will need to do so a the transit desk in SIN.

Note that this also means that in the system you have 2 separate bookings and not 1 booking and while there is a high chance SQ will re-book you in case of IRROP, they are certainly not obligated to do so.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
This has been discussed ad nauseam ... and the answer is always the same: you cannot "consolidate" or "join" or "link" or "combine" two separate itineraries/PNRs into one ... and as others have noted, two separate itineraries is not a connection ...
17cc likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
SQ are usually very punctual so you may be happy to take a risk. They will link the two PNRs for you so you only have to check in once and your luggage will be checked through to final destination. There's a small chance you would have a problem if the first flight is delayed. I have done 3 or 4 journeys where individual legs were booked separately and linked later - e.g. for SYD-HND which came up as no availability but I could book as SYD-SIN and SIN-HND.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onlySIA
SQ are usually very punctual so you may be happy to take a risk. They will link the two PNRs for you so you only have to check in once and your luggage will be checked through to final destination. There's a small chance you would have a problem if the first flight is delayed. I have done 3 or 4 journeys where individual legs were booked separately and linked later - e.g. for SYD-HND which came up as no availability but I could book as SYD-SIN and SIN-HND.
Still contemplating it. There are 3 flights a day to perth so may choose to take it safe and book a later flight. Given the separate tickets are $600 cheaper than a consolidated fare its worth doing, Though Scoot/Emirates is even cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.