What would your do?? UA or SQ?? in Y?

Old Jul 3, 03, 9:51 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAX 1K:
Does SQ have the feet rest that prevent you from stretching out (ala CX??)
</font>
Exit row seats do not have footrests attached, unlike the Air NZ exit row seats in Y class where the footrest is pulled out from under your own seat. In other rows, the foot rest is attached to the seat in front. It is pretty useless in the down position if you are tall and it does dig into your shins in the up position if you have long legs. UA Y+ without the foot rest might actually give you the leg room that you need.

------------------
Qantas - Air New Zealand
Old Jul 8, 03, 7:49 am

Tough call if you are PremEx and can get 100% mileage bonus for UA in Y.

I would probably take it like a man and go on UA for the miles.

Old Jul 8, 03, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
LOL, well when they had the priveledge to see that my SQ flight is $1300 vs now $2000 for UA, my decision was made for me.

So I am going to be flying LAX-NRT-SIN then SIN-KUL returning KUL-SIN then SIN-Taiwan-LAX.

Outbound is a 747 and the return in 777. How is the service on these flights in Y? I do get UA miles (not double but still status)....

Any thoughts, recommednations? I put in for an exit row on the outbound and aisle on the 777...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: