Is krisflyer.com award search reliable?

Old Apr 3, 18, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Is krisflyer.com award search reliable?

I'm helping my parents book a flight JFK-FRA for June. The goal is to get them on SQ25 in premium economy using points transferred from Chase UR. The Krisflyer site is showing saver availability (45k pp), but when I called, the agent couldn't see any award availability. He said the phone agents and the site pull from different availability buckets (true? untrue?).

The worst outcome would be transferring the Chase points into KF and not being able to book the desired flight. Any advice? Is the site ~100% reliable? Or should I be worried about phantom space?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:05 pm

krisflyer.com isnt a thing, but I've personally never had a phantom award issue on the SQ website when booking on SQ metal
Old Apr 3, 18, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Nihar Shah View Post
krisflyer.com isnt a thing, but I've personally never had a phantom award issue on the SQ website when booking on SQ metal
You're right, but I had typed that in and it redirects to singaporeair.com
Old Apr 3, 18, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by dyrewolf31 View Post
He said the phone agents and the site pull from different availability buckets (true? untrue?).

Thanks in advance
May be true as I've had instances where I called the agent but they can't seem to see the availability. When I mention to them that I can see it on the website, I hear them clicking away and they then find it. I suggest calling again and telling them you can clearly see award availability. Also, if it's on the website, you should be able to book it with no problems. I've never had problems trying to redeem an award. An upgrade can be iffy but never an outright award redemption.

Search this Thread