Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Delay in re-set of level miles after KF Gold requalification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

For the third time now in a span of two years, my KF level miles did not reset to zero after I completed 50K qualifying miles. As a consequence, each time I have had subsequent flights being credited to the previous year total instead of starting a new year. These were corrected after e-mail messages to them and / or called them.

However, now on the last occasion, I re-qualified for KF Gold in early February and took an eligible *A flight in the second half of March and those miles were credited to the previous qualification period instead of to a new qualification period. I have called them and sent them e-mail (to [email protected]), but there has neither been a correction nor a response.
  1. Do other KF members experience the same problem?
  2. What is the most effective way to escalate this up on SQ's chain of command?
  3. Why cannot SQ accomplish the simple task of re-setting a member's levels back to zero as soon as they have re-qualfied?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
The miles don't reset as soon as you achieve 50,000 but only on your anniversary date of your membership.
From the T&C

"d. These Elite miles will be reset to zero at the end of a member’s individual Elite membership year, a period of 12 consecutive months starting from the date of membership upgrade/renewal."

I routinely exceed 50k early in my qualification year but i have to wait until a month before renewal date for SQ to reset the membership.
So they basically give you an extra month in the new year to achieve but it doesn't reset that much earlier.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...conditions-kf/
w4rd likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:09 am

As the above poster said, your year doesn't reset until the 12 months period is over. Any miles accrued after 50k, just goes to waste in terms of elite tier benefit.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just credit to whoever you feel like between hitting 50K and the end of the qualifying year.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnSIN
The miles don't reset as soon as you achieve 50,000 but only on your anniversary date of your membership.
From the T&C

"d. These Elite miles will be reset to zero at the end of a member’s individual Elite membership year, a period of 12 consecutive months starting from the date of membership upgrade/renewal."

I routinely exceed 50k early in my qualification year but i have to wait until a month before renewal date for SQ to reset the membership.
So they basically give you an extra month in the new year to achieve but it doesn't reset that much earlier.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...conditions-kf/
Thank you for explaining this. I need to pay the price for ignorance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.