Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ232 SYD-SIN New A380 suites saver award ever clear?

SQ232 SYD-SIN New A380 suites saver award ever clear?

Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mbush1721
I am working on a trip to Australia next year and I have a question about Singapore Airlines showing phantom award space. I have been able to find Suites Saver on the JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD flight on some dates, I wanted to make sure they weren't phantom before moving over my points.

When searching each route individually, there no saver availability for two on the same dates. I do see availability on the combined itinerary, but it includes the red-eye flight from SIN. I am seeing phantom availability, or is there availability because it is on the least desirable flight to try out the new suites.

I called and talked to a rep, but he was no help.
SQ's inventory/rev management assesses JFK-SYD differently than the individual legs; hence, the different results you get. Just try to book both seats together from one account.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K
any data points here on wait-listing saver F on HKG-SIN in F and clearing?

if so, how many seats did you wait-list and did it clear automatically or did you have to call?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
any data points here on wait-listing saver F on HKG-SIN in F and clearing?

if so, how many seats did you wait-list and did it clear automatically or did you have to call?
I've had F SIN-HKG and HKG-SIN clear both for upgrade and redemption fairly easily (even on the A380 in both directions) within 1-2 months from departure.

Latest redemption was for a flight this May on SQ 856 SIN > HKG and SQ 861 HKG > SIN as an upgrade from J to F to try the new suites for the first time on a paid trans-pac J ticket. Both cleared immediately, but only 1 seat needed; it would probably be a different story for 2 seats (forget about 3 seats since that's half the F cabin already on the A380).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: Programless
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I've had F SIN-HKG and HKG-SIN clear both for upgrade and redemption fairly easily (even on the A380 in both directions) within 1-2 months from departure.

Latest redemption was for a flight this May on SQ 856 SIN > HKG and SQ 861 HKG > SIN as an upgrade from J to F to try the new suites for the first time on a paid trans-pac J ticket. Both cleared immediately, but only 1 seat needed; it would probably be a different story for 2 seats (forget about 3 seats since that's half the F cabin already on the A380).
Do you happen to be a Gold KF or PPS?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Ephlong
Do you happen to be a Gold KF or PPS?
Nope just a normal KF member, my *A status is with UA. I dunno if the system can see that I fly a lot with SQ for my trans pac and Asia flights and just credit it to my UA account, probably not so it's just luck I guess.

I always found clearing 1 award so much easier than 2. Almost never had to waitlist when I'm redeeming for one person, but waitlist galore when I try the same flights and dates for 2 persons.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
There was a guy on an award from SYD-SIN in the new Suite.

I only know because he was loudly telling his mate on the phone and I was sitting behind him.

I don't know if he had booked before the introduction of the new Suite or afterwards though.

I'm STILL trying to find a (revenue) seat in Suite for coming back from LHR (both LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD) as my date combination hasn't quite worked out. I may need to get on the phone and ask them to find me one.

The new Suite is a big improvement on the previous Suite. As I was unable to find a seat on SIN-LHR leg even with date flexibility and kept looking, I went on the old Suite and it felt like a huge downgrade even though it's not exactly a bad product.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
There was a guy on an award from SYD-SIN in the new Suite.

I only know because he was loudly telling his mate on the phone and I was sitting behind him.

I don't know if he had booked before the introduction of the new Suite or afterwards though.

I'm STILL trying to find a (revenue) seat in Suite for coming back from LHR (both LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD) as my date combination hasn't quite worked out. I may need to get on the phone and ask them to find me one.

The new Suite is a big improvement on the previous Suite. As I was unable to find a seat on SIN-LHR leg even with date flexibility and kept looking, I went on the old Suite and it felt like a huge downgrade even though it's not exactly a bad product.
I was the only passenger on my way back from LHR. Have the whole F cabin for myself.
double bed on one side, work and dinning on the other side. Service was just OK.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by jjjohn
I was the only passenger on my way back from LHR. Have the whole F cabin for myself.
double bed on one side, work and dinning on the other side. Service was just OK.
That's rather lucky. Out of curiosity does the divider between cubicles go all the way down to create a true double bed?

I must be hitting some busy period (mine to LHR conflicted with some events in Singapore, and probably LHR-SIN conflicts with something else, as my travel schedule often seems to do!). No problem finding 777 or the old Suite seats, but having difficulties with the new Suite.

Anyway, unlike on my way over to Europe when I only had a relatively small window of dates, I have a two-week window for LHR-SYD and could stop over in SIN for a few days if needed (I need LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD) so I'll change it when I see a seat in new Suite when I look properly.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
That's rather lucky. Out of curiosity does the divider between cubicles go all the way down to create a true double bed?

I must be hitting some busy period (mine to LHR conflicted with some events in Singapore, and probably LHR-SIN conflicts with something else, as my travel schedule often seems to do!). No problem finding 777 or the old Suite seats, but having difficulties with the new Suite.

Anyway, unlike on my way over to Europe when I only had a relatively small window of dates, I have a two-week window for LHR-SYD and could stop over in SIN for a few days if needed (I need LHR-SIN and SIN-SYD) so I'll change it when I see a seat in new Suite when I look properly.
it was all the way down, but still was a gap which I thing that should have a solution to make more comfortable (top part could be Cushioned). The divider was down during takeoff and landing, which was good and very spacious.
LTN Phobia likes this.

Last edited by jjjohn; May 5, 2018 at 10:02 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.