Change Frequent Flyer Number in Booking

Old Mar 24, 18, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Change Frequent Flyer Number in Booking

Is there a reason as to why I am unable to change my frequent flyer details in a booking? Is it due to the stupid website?

I guess I'll have to call up.
Old Mar 25, 18, 11:58 am

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
i have this similar problem too. Either you can call them to make the change or wait till online check-in opens up. During online check-in, you will be able to amend the FFP to your preferred program.
Old Mar 26, 18, 4:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I think that’s the general practice with most airlines. Not sure why but once you’ve put in your FFP info airlines don’t allow you to change it. You can change it though during (online) check in, on the phone or at the boarding gate.
Old Mar 26, 18, 6:13 am

Programs: Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Whats the error message?
Old Mar 26, 18, 9:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, I have an SQ ticket I bought over the phone and I can't change the FF number either. They automatically retrieved and attached my KF number, whereas I want to credit to TK. There's no error. It's just not editable. Will have to call to change.
Old Apr 17, 18, 1:39 pm

Programs: CRJ-200 Detester Club Diamond, :rolleyes: Platinum
Are folks having success with calling? I'm either told that it's impossible to make the change, or that the replacement FF number (UA) is invalid - the latter cannot be true since it is applied in other live SQ PNRs. I'm somewhat queasy with waiting until check-in, since this flight would push me into a new tier in my desired FFP; if it canít be fixed, at checkin thereís no recourse.

Last edited by akonradi; Apr 17, 18 at 1:49 pm
Old Apr 17, 18, 2:44 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by akonradi View Post
Are folks having success with calling? I'm either told that it's impossible to make the change, or that the replacement FF number (UA) is invalid - the latter cannot be true since it is applied in other live SQ PNRs. I'm somewhat queasy with waiting until check-in, since this flight would push me into a new tier in my desired FFP; if it can’t be fixed, at checkin there’s no recourse.
i assume you haven’t started this journey. Make sure that when you call they understand it is a UA FF#. They maybe entering it as another KF#.

AFAIK in most systems *A FF# validation doesn’t happen when you enter it. It happens during booking and while checking in. So unless they enter fewer or more digits which could be a system check the TA should not get any error message.

If you don’t want to take chances at the check in counter in the airport... HUACA.

BTW as long as you do it before the GA swipes your BP you will be fine. I’ve changed FFP on the phone while standing in line to board. It wasn’t with SQ though.
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:52 pm

Programs: SIA PPS, OZ Asiana Club, CX MPC, IHG Royal Amb, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by akonradi View Post
Are folks having success with calling? I'm either told that it's impossible to make the change, or that the replacement FF number (UA) is invalid - the latter cannot be true since it is applied in other live SQ PNRs. I'm somewhat queasy with waiting until check-in, since this flight would push me into a new tier in my desired FFP; if it can’t be fixed, at checkin there’s no recourse.
How about calling them to remove the SQ FFP number from your booking record and then you login using "Manage Booking" function using the Booking Ref Number to manually add the UA FFP number online yourself? Usually I have no problems adding a new FFP number, but will not be able to edit till online check-in.

At point of check-in when you receive the BP, do check to ensure that the UA FFP number is printed on the BP. If it doesn't show up, do highlight immediately to the check-in agent to amend and reissue you a new BP with the UA FFP number.

Search this Thread