Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

LAX-NRT C: Any Travel Agent recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2003, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWEm (lifetime OWSapph x2), lifetime *G

Sorry for the redundant posts on the TG and RG (other N/SA airlines) forums, but I'd appreciate for your help on this one for SQ.

SQ flies between LAX-NRT and I was wondering if any of you are aware of LAX travel agents that sell discounted C tickets for this route. A few agents in Japan sell NRT-LAX-NRT SQ C tickets for $1600 and I was wondering if I can find a similar deal on the other side of the pond.

Many thanks,

silver
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:04 pm

www.1stair.net has been pretty good so far for my SFO/LAX-SIN C trips in SQ. It comes out equal to the restricted C fare or lower (usually lower, depending how far in advance)
Fares earn miles & valid for PPS qualification.

1stair does creative things to save you money like routing though Vancouver, BC, 2 one ways and so forth.

Try the reservations on sq's website and see what comes up (sometimes you get lucky).

There's also guy on the CX page that knows a good travel agent in SoCal that sells C fares lower than CXleverage.com . I sometimes fly CX, which also has beds in C.
A good alternative to SQ.
(edited for clarity)

[This message has been edited by meFIRST (edited 01-06-2003).]
Old Jan 7, 2003, 6:40 am

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
Haven't seen $1600, buty I get mine for 2K and change. However, only starting in Japan.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 5:34 pm
Original Member

I recall Craig6z mentioned he has a good LA based SQ one
Old Jan 8, 2003, 1:34 am

silver

I thought I went straight to the website and saw it for less than $1300, depending on your travel date(s). I know if a reputable one here in LA, give me a holler via e-mail.
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:34 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thissucks:
...give me a holler via e-mail.</font>
But you have no addy. posted.

Old Jan 14, 2003, 4:39 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thissucks:
silver

I thought I went straight to the website and saw it for less than $1300, depending on your travel date(s). I know if a reputable one here in LA, give me a holler via e-mail.
</font>
Which website was that? The SQ website or the one that meFIRST suggested? Couldn't get anything close to that, do you mind posting the dates that you tried?

Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 4:48 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAOCA:
Haven't seen $1600, buty I get mine for 2K and change. However, only starting in Japan.</font>
JPY 198,000 to be precise... Wow, didn't know that the Yen is now at 119, but that's still $1663... Quite a steal for a top notch J class product...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.