Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines requirement of document/visa/credit-card verification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Hello,

In their website, Singapore Airlines write about Online Check-In (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/au/travel-info/check-in/online-mobile-checkin/): "At the airport, proceed directly to the Immigration counter if you don’t have bags to check in and if you don’t require travel document/visa/credit card verification at the check-in counter".

It is sometimes quite important to know whether you have to go to the check-in counter, because if you arrived from another flight, this would mean you have to go through immigration and then back again airside.
Does anyone know in what cases such "travel document/visa/credit card verification" is required?
Also, I assume if it is required then you are notified of this in advance? via e-mail e.g. or when you do online check-in?

Thank you very much.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by oliver19312
Hello,

In their website, Singapore Airlines write about Online Check-In (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...ile-checkin/): "At the airport, proceed directly to the Immigration counter if you don’t have bags to check in and if you don’t require travel document/visa/credit card verification at the check-in counter".

It is sometimes quite important to know whether you have to go to the check-in counter, because if you arrived from another flight, this would mean you have to go through immigration and then back again airside.
Does anyone know in what cases such "travel document/visa/credit card verification" is required?
Also, I assume if it is required then you are notified of this in advance? via e-mail e.g. or when you do online check-in?

Thank you very much.
Search around this forum and you'll find other threads about credit card verification. Generally, it's not a problem if your bank has a verification system for online payments (e.g one time PIN), or if you purchase your ticket through a travel agent.

You'll know if you need your card/documents to be verified as the boarding pass will say so. Sometimes, it won't let you print the BP at all and you'll just get a "check in confirmation".

And no, SQ won't make you clear immigration to do the verification. They're not that silly. If you're connecting on the same ticket the verification will be done at the check in counters of the first point of departure. Otherwise, the transfer counter is perfectly capable of that.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
"Credit card verify" = Credit card verification at SQ checking counter and Credit Card Verification question and Showing Credit Card used to book at check-in (among others)
davidj1 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Search around this forum and you'll find other threads about credit card verification. Generally, it's not a problem if your bank has a verification system for online payments (e.g one time PIN), or if you purchase your ticket through a travel agent.
+1

Another data point for the community;
i did a SQ booking via phone recently; and was specifically told to have this same credit card for verification purposes during check-in.

Yea, as per SilverChris, IME too, all other payment methods with some verification methods (or via a TA), so far does not require a verification.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I had this ATH-MUC-SIN - ATH-MUC was on A3 and went fine, then at MUC I had to show the card at the gate before I could board the flight to SIN (my boarding pass beeped loudly). Took 30 seconds max.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
I wonder what happens if they can't verify? Full refund?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:30 am

What happens when say your boss books the flight, surely that must be fairly common? Or you company has a UATP card which can be issued in digital form only?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by davidj1
no-show penalty. CC verification is generally referenced in CoC, I think I've even seen it in fare rules.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
A data point from my trip a few months ago. I was originally asked to have my credit card that I paid the flight with so that they could verify it, but when I got to the check in counter, they never asked for it at all. This was at IAH as well
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by davidj1
They’ll make you pay with another credit card, and the previous charge will be fully refunded. Things will get messy if the old card is cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.