Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

HKG launches investigation into 5 SQ crew over security breach - SCMP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)

Misbehaviour by flight attendants caused flight 861 bound for Singapore on February 26 to be delayed for close to three hours

Kinda feel sorry for the crew... they probably took a wrong turn (up the ramp instead of down) or was it more egregious?

In any case sounds like a career limiting move - they are probably going to be fired or at the very least sternly reprimanded...

Hong Kong airport launches investigation into five Singapore Airlines crew over security breach South China Morning Post
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by ermen
Misbehaviour by flight attendants caused flight 861 bound for Singapore on February 26 to be delayed for close to three hours

Kinda feel sorry for the crew... they probably took a wrong turn (up the ramp instead of down) or was it more egregious?

In any case sounds like a career limiting move - they are probably going to be fired or at the very least sternly reprimanded...

Hong Kong airport launches investigation into five Singapore Airlines crew over security breach South China Morning Post
You can't do what that article details they did by taking a wrong turn. Not at HKG anyway. Even if it was a wrong turn, they would know what they've just done. I highly doubt they'll be fired. Probably just get reprimanded.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Much ado about nothing.

It's only "news" because someone decided to make a big deal about it.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Citizen's news perhaps? Get real... Nothing will happen... Perhaps very light slap across the hands but I doubt it very much...
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Phaze
You can't do what that article details they did by taking a wrong turn. Not at HKG anyway. Even if it was a wrong turn, they would know what they've just done. I highly doubt they'll be fired. Probably just get reprimanded.
well wrong turn is the wrong word. but you can just walk UP the ramp to departures instead of going down (normal flow to arrivals).
the qn is then is
(i) was there the tensa barrier blocking the up ramp which is normally there? did the crew deliberately go past it?
(ii) why did the gate agent at the top of the ramp let the crew through (i.e. why open the glass doors? they are normally closed till ready for boarding).
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Too much ado about nothing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.