How long to post miles earned on partners?

Old Mar 7, 18, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

How long to post miles earned on partners?

10 days since I flew a star airline and still no miles. Sent an email, got an automatic "fill the form". Did that. Nothing.
Pretty lame.
Old Mar 7, 18, 6:02 pm

after one week, they replied saying the mile request is invalid because the miles have already been credited...wth
Checked my account and still no miles.
So emailed them back again and they said they will get back to me.

I think SQ is trying any way they can to avoid crediting miles.
They dont even check before rejecting miles request.

Used Sixt car rental and they didnt credit either.
Old Mar 8, 18, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Same here.
[email protected]@holes are avoiding crediting our miles any way they can. Horrible. A horrible airline worth nothing.
Used to like them, but I don't care about their special "book the cook" lobster if they act like that. An awful POS airline.
Old Mar 9, 18, 2:26 am

Programs: KF*G, A3*G, Skywards
Oh!

I thought I was the only one having issues. I tried to retroactively claim for both an outbound and inbound SIN-BKK-SIN recently on my KF account. These were on SQ metal; and oddly the system accepted my outbound claim, but rejected my inbound claim, citing ineligibility. Odd, because both sectors were of the same fare class capable of accruals.

​​​​
Old Mar 9, 18, 3:38 am

I had one in 2014 that never credited. About 5k miles I think. I gave up trying to get them credited as I had a large enough balance and got sick of talking to them. I tried calling the overseas call centers as well, and despite them emailing me and confirming they had credited the miles, nothing ever posted. This was on SQ metal.

Originally Posted by Big_Foot View Post
Same here.
[email protected]@holes are avoiding crediting our miles any way they can. Horrible. A horrible airline worth nothing.
Used to like them, but I don't care about their special "book the cook" lobster if they act like that. An awful POS airline.
Careful now. The SQ police will be along soon.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 18, 6:42 am

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
I have also had SQ flights, booked on website with my KF account not post, but not frequently. I have found partner activity such as hotel and rental car to be very hit and miss ans usually more miss. Take Kempinski, every time I stay at one I'll have to wait 6-8 weeks and then file a retro claim for 500mls. Now waiting for some credit from Connex which is a limo / transport service platform I used for a trip to Vietnam and that is a KF partner (is offered as an add on from SQ's booking / manage booking site). We shall see, not holding my breath.

However, if you want to talk about atrocious posting reliability look no further than KrisFlyerSpree where miles postings can take 3-6 months after transaction completes and often have issues. Gave up on that one a long time ago.

Last edited by demue; Mar 9, 18 at 7:09 am
Old Mar 9, 18, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by Big_Foot; Mar 25, 18 at 3:33 pm
Old Mar 9, 18, 6:38 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Same here.
Could be the fault of the airline you flew with (e.g. if they didn't record your KF number). I had no problems with Air Canada or Virgin Australia crediting points to my KF account within 1 week, Hertz too. So maybe some third parties are just less reliable than others and should be avoided - it would help if you could tell us who you flew with.
Old Mar 10, 18, 12:34 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
They are quite slow compared to other airlines in crediting miles. IME AI for example is much faster in crediting miles when you fly with them - I get a SMS on landing that my miles for that flight have been credited and usually 1 day later for flights I take on UA etc.

SQ takes about 2-3 days to credit miles flying their own metal and about 5 days to credit *A partner miles. I'm still waiting credit of miles I took on a VX flight last Sunday.

Also, SQ and other airlines do a much better job of posting partner airline miles vs. non-airline partner miles.
Old Mar 14, 18, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Over 3 weeks since my flight (+endless email and "forms"), still no miles. Speechless.
Old Mar 14, 18, 10:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Over 3 weeks since my flight (+endless email and "forms"), still no miles. Speechless.
You still haven't told us which airlines and class of travel.
cowie likes this.
Old Mar 25, 18, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

So it only took 17 emails and forms and 35 days to get my miles credited.
Now they are refusing to credit my return flight - kid you not. Same ticket, same class, same everything.
Why does it matter what airline? It was a star alliance member and business class.

Search this Thread