Search

Another stupid SilkAir question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Another stupid SilkAir question

Hello,

I am NH Platinum (Star Alliance Gold) and when booking my summer holidays to Bali through Singapore Air I found that one of the flights (DPS - SIN) is Operated By SilkAir • SQ 5275.

The flight arrives in Singapore around 13:00, and my next flight is the next day at 13:55 operated by Singapore Airlines to Tokyo. My question is: do I have all the privileges of *G with me? (extra baggage allowance or Lounge access at DPS (is there even a lounge I can access at DPS flying coach?)). Will they check my baggage directly to Tokyo if I request it?

If not, what about if I pick up a SIN - HND flight that departs early in the morning, so my layover becomes less than 24 hours? Would that change anything?

Thank you!

Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I do not suppose you will get any *G privileges at DPS - you will only get KF Gold benefits if you are *G via KrisFlyer. In any case, the Premier Lounge at DPS is not exactly an experience that you would miss out much on.

MI can check baggage to NH (based on interline agreements) but I have never had a long layover experience like that. MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
AE AF AI AY BA BD BI BP BR B7 CI CX CZ DL
EK ET FJ FM FT GA HM HR HU HX IC IR IY JL
JP KA KE KL KU LH LX MF MH MI MK MS MU NH
NX NZ OA OS OZ PG PR PX QF QR QV SA SB SK
SQ SU SV S7 TG TK TR TZ UA UK UL VA VN VS
YO ZH 6T 9W
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Should be able to through check , but even if they don’t, SQ at Changi allow early check in up to 48hrs prior to departure, so if they can’t you could collect luggage upon arrival at SIN and go upstairs to check it in for the flight the next day.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
MI will accord *A privileges when connecting to SQ... but you'll only get the *A, *G allowance. Still no lounge access though in DPS.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Thank you for all your answers.

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Should be able to through check , but even if they don’t, SQ at Changi allow early check in up to 48hrs prior to departure, so if they can’t you could collect luggage upon arrival at SIN and go upstairs to check it in for the flight the next day.
I will do this in case they dont check my luggage to my final destination. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.