Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Redemption on Other Star Alliance Partners

Old Feb 28, 18, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Gold

Not sure if anyone eles has the same problem but SQ wanted to charge a service fee of USD25 just to search for seats on other star alliance partners. My problem with this is that the available inventory online is different from offline and you wouldn't know until you pay SQ to search for you. I found seats showing on Lifemiles but its not available on SQ's own webpage and the staff in the call center is still insistent that offline inventory is the same as online inventory. She checked on the seats for me and finally agreed that SQ's own webpage is not showing the right information as seats are showing as available on her system. How can SIA charge customers for such a simple search when its own system is not showing the correct information online?
Old Feb 28, 18, 1:44 am

Programs: SQ/CX
Originally Posted by Lonsinla View Post
Not sure if anyone eles has the same problem but SQ wanted to charge a service fee of USD25 just to search for seats on other star alliance partners. My problem with this is that the available inventory online is different from offline and you wouldn't know until you pay SQ to search for you. I found seats showing on Lifemiles but its not available on SQ's own webpage and the staff in the call center is still insistent that offline inventory is the same as online inventory. She checked on the seats for me and finally agreed that SQ's own webpage is not showing the right information as seats are showing as available on her system. How can SIA charge customers for such a simple search when its own system is not showing the correct information online?
That's strange. I had called in 2 weeks ago to check on a AC & UA redemption, it's showing availability on the respective airline's reward search, but not showing up on SQ side.
When I probed further, the agent told me that usually they will get to see the availability about a month before my intended travel dates.
Before they implemented the online redemption for partner / *A flights, I could call in and redeem without hassles or issues, even the flight was 6 months out.

I wonder if their system is ready for partner redemption.
Old Feb 28, 18, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by koohansen View Post
That's strange. I had called in 2 weeks ago to check on a AC & UA redemption, it's showing availability on the respective airline's reward search, but not showing up on SQ side.
When I probed further, the agent told me that usually they will get to see the availability about a month before my intended travel dates.
Before they implemented the online redemption for partner / *A flights, I could call in and redeem without hassles or issues, even the flight was 6 months out.

I wonder if their system is ready for partner redemption.

I understand different airlines see different amount of inventory for redemption but I think SQ should not be charging any service fees when its own system is not ready for partner redemption yet. And dont get me started on how it cost so much more miles and fees to redeem on other star alliance partners as opposed to using other redemption programs such as lifemiles. It cost 90 plus k miles to redeem a EVA air ticket from SIN-LAX with krisflyer as opposed to 78k miles on lifemiles. If only I can transfer my credit card points to other partners other than krisflyer.
Old Feb 28, 18, 11:25 pm

Programs: QR Gold (OWS), Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold
If only I can transfer my credit card points to other partners other than krisflyer.
Consider Asia Miles next time - given its distance based award charts and very generous routing rules, it many times can offer far greater value than krislfyer, though, ofcourse, it means stopping over in HKG. Barring credit cards issued by OCBC all SG issued credit cards allow you to transfer to Asia Miles. Also all Citi cards allow you to transfer to other frequent flyer programs (I think they have 9 partners). I myself have been using Citi Premier Miles and raked up many points.
Old Mar 2, 18, 9:04 pm

anyone have this problem? when i search one way star alliance award, i get about 5 different options. however, when i search a round trip, the number of options for that same sector drops to 2 options.
Old Mar 6, 18, 8:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I'm having an issue as well. I'd like to book SFO-YQB, but YQB isn't even showing up as a valid airport. I see the space available with both UA and AC...
Old Mar 30, 18, 8:06 am

United Airlines showed availability but not on krisflyer
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:57 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I am trying to book something similar where the website is not recognizing the airport as valid. Any workaround?
Old Apr 14, 18, 11:48 am

Programs: QR Gold (OWS), Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler View Post
I am trying to book something similar where the website is not recognizing the airport as valid. Any workaround?
you'll have to call krisflyer.
Old Oct 8, 18, 2:10 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Is Asiana redemption visible online via KrisFlyer?
Old Dec 23, 18, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
AC's YYZ-LAX showing available on UA site, but not SQ site.. Anyone else having issues getting AC awards to display?
Old Dec 24, 18, 2:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
The fee is there to "encourage" people to use the website to book award tickets. But the *A awards doesn't work well on the website. So they waive the fee if you're not able to find the itinerary online.

Also, the fee is there to book the flight not to search for inventory.
Old Dec 25, 18, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by frudd38 View Post
AC's YYZ-LAX showing available on UA site, but not SQ site.. Anyone else having issues getting AC awards to display?
Yes, I do have the same problem with AC flights. Searching for AC YYZ-LIM, whihc is available on UA search and on awardnexus with ANA..., but not online on Krisflyer.
I need to call KF again, if they can see it...

Does anybody else experience long waiting time at the hotline since a few days. The day before yesterday I quit waiting after 40 min