Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines B787-10 Intro

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by djsflynn
idiotic waste-of-space-and-oxygen category of scam-artistes known as 'influencers').
Truer words have not been spoken.

Well have fun on the flight and look forward to photos and your thoughts.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm currently booked on the 787 flying KIX-SIN in early may. I'm seated at 18K which is at the back of the cabin. Looking at the exterior of the aircraft I have noticed that there are a few windowless areas on the front fuselage, especially towards the back. Should I worry about the fact that I may have chosen a windowless row? The cabin is very full on the particular flight.

Secondly does anyone know if Seoul will be getting the new 787-10? I'm booked for SIN-ICN-SIN in July which is currently operated by the A330.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:28 am

As promised, an update on delivery flight SQ8878 based on the latest media itinerary
* departs Charleston at 2100 on Monday March 26
* arrives into Osaka for a tech stop from 0230 to 0330 on Wednesday March 28
* arrives Singapore at 1000 on March 28, with arrival ceremony at JetQuay from 1020
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:30 am

Yeah, now I'm just showing off...:P

This is cover image of the media itinerary received today for the delivery flight of the first 787-10 – Charleston looks quite pretty in the background, a shame the schedule gives us no time to poke around

Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

tomorrow morning is the date .
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:50 pm

Extensive and photo-laden AusBT review of Singapore Airlines' new regional business class seat now up at https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-sing...business-class
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
CHS is my home airport, nothing better than seeing the line of 787's sitting there ready to go.

I don't think I have been to the airport once this year and not seen a SQ 787 livery represented. China Eastern flew away the other day while waiting for my flight. They are building them fairly quickly it seems.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Extensive and photo-laden AusBT review of Singapore Airlines' new regional business class seat now up at https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-sing...business-class
i m follower of Ausbt!!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
I had my first experience of the 787-10 last night in J ( SQ918 SIN-MNL), and I'm afraid I was underwhelmed The seat felt mildly claustrophobic; it strikes me that space when you are sitting has been compromised to accommodate the lay-flat feature, which is of questionable value on shorter flights.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Anyone know if the 772 replacement will include flights on the HKG-SIN route? I'm going HKG-SIN in late October and the reverse in early December. It would be nice to make that run on a brand new plane.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: United
This came to me as a surprise as SQ swapped out their 777 for their Dreamliner into NRT from Changi. It was a comfortable night's rest in Business! Their bed is a touch tighter than the 777-300ER
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I really like the fact that I can recline the seat without having to sit in a really skewed posture on their 787.

Now I am going out of my way to book the 787 flights whenever possible.

The seat may be a bit narrower than other SQ J seats but you just have to lower the arm rests (I'm fairly narrow so I have not found it to be an issue even without the arm rests down).
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Flew on 9V-SCF yesterday, seated in 12A. Summary of my thoughts on the seat:

Pros
  • Bed width surprisingly reasonable with the arm rests down
  • Entertainment system worked beautifully - good picture quality, good screen tilt to enable watching while lying down
  • Tray table is really nice! Sturdy, easy to manipulate, and well positioned.
  • Footwell is better than I expected
  • Seat reclines into comfortable positions (caveat: the arm rest comment below)
  • Felt private, but not shut in.

Cons
  • In seat mode, the window-side armrest (left in my case) is awkwardly positioned - further forward than where I would rest my elbow. This was really my one major issue with the seat.
  • wi-fi connectivity to the entertainment failed. This has worked nicely for me on the A350.
  • 3-4 inches of wasted space between the seat shell and the window -- could make the window seats really nice if they had adjusted for that
  • bed length is tight - of course, this is SQ, so not designed for taller people, but you'll really want to be under 6'2" on this seat
  • seat and light controls are slow to respond. More than once I tried again, only to wind up with two taps being registered. Took some getting used to.

Conclusion: I think this is solid short and mid haul business seat. I don't think I could sleep 6-8 hours well in it, but a quick couple of hours would work a treat. Probably my favourite SQ C seat now, though granted I've just had the one experience on an aircraft with < 2 weeks of revenue service.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I was on B787-10 economy yesterday for the second time. Yes, I kind of feel that the economy seat is a bit tight. I got "intruded" by my neighbor many time. I guess because the divider is very narrow. Lucky it was only 2 hours flight (BKK-SIN). I think for KIX flight it may be a challenge.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
I was on B787-10 economy yesterday for the second time. Yes, I kind of feel that the economy seat is a bit tight. I got "intruded" by my neighbor many time. I guess because the divider is very narrow. Lucky it was only 2 hours flight (BKK-SIN). I think for KIX flight it may be a challenge.
I was also on BKK-SIN yesterday, luckily it was not me intruding on your space as I had a unoccupied seat next to me which made it comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.