Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

First time flying business class (Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo)

Old Feb 7, 18, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Hello, I'm planning to book 2 business class flight from KUL - SIN - NRT/HND. This is my first time planning to fly on business class, therefore, would like to experience the new seat and everything.

- If I fly from KUL - SIN - NRT (777-300ER <-- on some website or blog mentioned not all are new product), I would only need to wait 2 hours for transit.
- If I fly from KUL - SIN - HND (A350 <-- this I know is new fleet), I would need to wait 20+ hours for transit.

My question are:
1) Anyone flew SQ638 or SQ12 both are 777-300ER are they new product? or either one of it is new? <--- both flight are SIN - NRT
2) What can I do at Changi Airport, If I have 20 hours layover?
3) I'm planning to book using Krisflyer point transferred from my credit card, if those award flight does't mention "waitlist" is it confirmed seat? and can I book for my friend using my account as well? (both of the flight time mentioned above are award flight that doesn't mention "waitlist") <--- award flight I mentioned are "Saver"

Thank you everyone in advance
Old Feb 7, 18, 7:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Look up your planned flight number(s) on flightaware, flightradar, etc and get the specific aircraft registration codes that are normally used.
Then go to SQTalk's wiki to check out what sort of product those aircraft have: SQ Fleet - SQTalk
Old Feb 7, 18, 10:38 pm

1) One is a day flight and one is a night flight, that's more important than the seat details. In your case I'd suggest the day flight, because the night flight is rather short.
2) There's nothing you want to do for 20 hours in an airport. If you don't plan to go to the city, then take a shorter transit.
3) Yes, if it doesn't mention waitlist (and you can select it, obviously), it's instant confirmation. Add your friend to your redemption nominees and you can book for him at the same time as yours.

Last edited by Romain_; Feb 7, 18 at 11:04 pm
Old Feb 8, 18, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you shuigao for all the info

Originally Posted by Romain_ View Post
1) One is a day flight and one is a night flight, that's more important than the seat details. In your case I'd suggest the day flight, because the night flight is rather short.
2) There's nothing you want to do for 20 hours in an airport. If you don't plan to go to the city, then take a shorter transit.
3) Yes, if it doesn't mention waitlist (and you can select it, obviously), it's instant confirmation. Add your friend to your redemption nominees and you can book for him at the same time as yours.
Is there big different between day and night flight? btw, thank you for all the answer
Old Feb 8, 18, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
- SQ 12 is guaranteed with the newer J product because it is the flight that continues on to do NRT - LAX
- Note that to redeem for your friend you will need to add him/her to your redemption nominees which is free (but if you want to remove his/her name later on there is a fee).
Old Feb 8, 18, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by winterx002 View Post
Is there big different between day and night flight? btw, thank you for all the answer
I didnít mean to say that the night flight is shorter than the day flight. What I mean is if you take a day flight, you have the full experience with a good meal (just avoid flights with breakfast). If you take a night flight, you.... sleep. And itíll still be a short sleep. If you take the (basic) dinner or breakfast, then the sleep will be even shorter, and I question the idea of flying business to arrive tired.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: