FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Krisflyer gold access with SQ/silk connection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1892737-krisflyer-gold-access-sq-silk-connection.html)

Baley Feb 7, 2018 10:33 am

Krisflyer gold access with SQ/silk connection

Hi,
apologize if this has been asked before but can’t seem to find the definitive answer.

Im flying from Manila on SQ and connecting In Singapore with SilkAir to hkt.
From what I’m able to determine reading the forum is that I will have access to the SQ lounge in mnl but will NOT have access in Singapore to the Krisflyer Lounge as my connecting flight is on SilkAir?

And on my return, I Will have access to the Krisflyer gold lounge in Singapore as my connecting flight back to mnl is on SQ?

is this correct?
I guess I’m hoping I would have access to the Krisflyer Lounge on the outbound as well.
Thanks in advance for any help in answering this question.

Baley Feb 7, 2018 10:44 am

Sorry, I should point out I have *G as a 1K with united and the flights are in economy

demue Feb 7, 2018 5:53 pm

If I read your flights correctly, in SIN, as a *G, you'll be able to access the KrisFlyer Gold lounge when flying back to MNL, but not when going outbound to HKT as you connect to MI flight in Y.

You will not be able to access the SQ SilverKris lounge which is for Biz / First pax on SQ, MI (only Biz) & *A airlines or SQ QPP (PPS) & TPP/LPP (Solitaire) IIRC.

Romain_ Feb 7, 2018 9:56 pm

Silk Air is not part of Star Alliance. So, as KF gold you are entitled to use the krisflyer gold lounge in Changi for SIN-HKT and the partner lounge in Phuket for HKT-SIN, but as *G on another airline you aren't (I don't know how strict they are about it though, especially if your overall itinerary is booked on SQ).

Baley Feb 8, 2018 12:46 am

Thanks for the responses👍.
I was thinking I would have difficulty accessing the Krisflyer Lounge in SIN with an onward silk Air boarding pass to HKT. My Manila to SIN boarding pass is with SQ so should be able to access the SilverKris lounge in Manila as a *G.
But as it’s all booked on SQ, perhaps they will allow me access to the Krisflyer gold lounge in SIN.

Hoping for the best👍

SilverChris Feb 8, 2018 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Baley (Post 29392973)
Thanks for the responses��.
I was thinking I would have difficulty accessing the Krisflyer Lounge in SIN with an onward silk Air boarding pass to HKT. My Manila to SIN boarding pass is with SQ so should be able to access the SilverKris lounge in Manila as a *G.
But as it’s all booked on SQ, perhaps they will allow me access to the Krisflyer gold lounge in SIN.

Hoping for the best��

I really wouldn't count on it happening. Even *G passengers in Y connecting from SQ long-haul to MI don't get access.

You can definitely give it a shot but I wouldn't push it if they turn you away.

sol95 Feb 8, 2018 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Baley (Post 29390379)
Hi,
apologize if this has been asked before but can’t seem to find the definitive answer.

Not sure why you can't find a definitive answer because there are numerous threads stating that you won't get in the lounge in SIN if flying silkair....

definitively, you won't have access to the KrisFlyer gold lounge at SIN.

demue Feb 8, 2018 5:42 am

Ups, I overlooked the MI segments. My bad, corrected above. No acces in SIN to KF Gold lounge when connecting to MI Y to HKT as others correctly pointed out. On HKT-SIN-MNL it will be fine in SIN as onward flight on SQ. No lounge access in HKT, but nothing to be missed there.

henrus Feb 8, 2018 7:19 am

They will 100% turn you away... They've even got an A4 display (in both the T2 and 3 lounges) on the counter written in big writing saying that Star gold customers don't get access prior to Silk Air flights (no exceptions even if SQ coded).

As a VA Gold, I get access prior to Silk Air flights but they wanted to check (and were quite strict about it) as on the boarding pass it just says "Partner Gold", something you most likely won't get printed on the Silk Air boarding pass.

Baley Feb 8, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.👍

I’ll get access to the MNL silver Kris lounge as my flight leaving MNL is SQ, and also will get access to the Krisflyer gold lounge in SIN on the return from HKT as my flight back to MNL is also SQ.
Thanks for the clarification👍