FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   First time in F on SQ--I'm having trouble picking flights and planes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1892463-first-time-f-sq-im-having-trouble-picking-flights-planes.html)

firstclass123 Feb 6, 2018 4:06 am

First time in F on SQ--I'm having trouble picking flights and planes

Hi all!

This is my first time posting on FlyerTalk but I have used this site as a resource for a long time. I have never flown first class before and I am excited to say that I am getting ready to book my first first class flights on SQ from PEK-SIN and from SIN-HKG.

My two options for PEK-SIN are SQ 801 (12:10am-6:45am) which has SQ's new first class on the 777-300ER, and SQ 807 (4:40pm-11:20pm) which is on the A380 so there is Suites class.

On the SIN-HKG there is saver award availability (37,500 KrisFlyer miles) on SQ 2 (18:30-22:15) on the 777-300ER with the new first class, and there is waitlist availability on the New Suites Class on the A380 on SQ 860 (8:25-12:25) (There is also standard award availability on this flight for 70,000 miles--an extra 32,500 KrisFlyer)

Questions and Concerns:
I heard there is a shorter meal service on red-eye flights but how much smaller will the meal service be on the overnight PEK-SIN than on the daytime flight? If I Book The Cook will the meal service be just as large?
I really want to get the amenity kit and pajamas but I'm not sure if the extra amenities make up for a shorter meal service and worse flight? Thoughts?
How likely is it that SQ will release waitlist availability on the SIN-HKG flight with the New Suites? And if they don't would it be worth it to spend the extra 32,500 KrisFlyer miles for a standard award for the experience?
On a daytime flight can you ask for an amenity kit and pajamas even if they usually don't offer them?

carrotjuice Feb 6, 2018 5:33 am

If your main objective is to maximise the F experience you should avoid the red eye from PEK.

And yes, you can always ask for pyjamas and amenity kit on any F flight.

elleana Feb 6, 2018 9:32 pm

Red eyes are a waste of an F seat (which really, is all about the soft product) - the J seat is perfectly adequate for a good nights' sleep in my experience!

SIN-HKG is a pretty short flight - under 4 hours - which to me seems kind of a waste of miles to redeem into F, not to mention a standard F award! But hey, if you have the miles to burn...

Ephlong Feb 8, 2018 10:30 pm

I have a similar question to ask too!

Am i able to get a amenity kit on Suites(Sin-Hkg) and First (Hkg - Sin) because it's just a 4 hours hop.
Is it a obligation for them to give F pax a amenity kit despite short or long flight or is it a matter of "bonus" item on such short flights?

Going on F the first time too. Do they also treat full paxing F pax better than Redemption O pax? Do they offer full F pax amenity kit first than O pax?

Thanks

fivenue Feb 8, 2018 11:08 pm

it is all depending on why you fly FC. if it is for business, then usually red eye is to make sure when you arrive, you have plenty of energy to start your day immediately.
if for pleasure, then I agree, you can sleep in business/premium econ almost as well as FC, though some picky ft'ers /passengers would disagree.
my pet peeve is to have family flies FC and they just showing off (i.e.: walking back and forth between cabin, to talk with the ither family members or friends), overwhelmed FA with requests, and try to document (i.e.: video taping) everything on the flight.

MilesBuzz Feb 9, 2018 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Ephlong (Post 29396919)
I have a similar question to ask too!

Am i able to get a amenity kit on Suites(Sin-Hkg) and First (Hkg - Sin) because it's just a 4 hours hop.
Is it a obligation for them to give F pax a amenity kit despite short or long flight or is it a matter of "bonus" item on such short flights?

Going on F the first time too. Do they also treat full paxing F pax better than Redemption O pax? Do they offer full F pax amenity kit first than O pax?

Thanks

No, you WILL NOT get an amenity kit on SIN-HKG route. No pyjamas too.