Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Krisflyer RTW only with Saver or also Advantage flights?

Old Feb 4, 18, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

I am thinking of redeeming miles on two Krisflyer RTW tickets in F.

Regarding flights on SQ metal, can someone confirm that I can include segments with availability on Advantage award level (i.e. not only Saver award level)? I called an SQ agent who told me that both Saver and Advantage flights can be included in RTW redemption tickets, however, there are some blogs saying RTW only works with Saver flights.

Anyone with experience on this? Want to be sure before I transfer all of those points over to Krisflyer… Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 18, 1:39 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Simple way to test this (and a general rule to booking awards) is to ask them to book your flights first. Once they've done that, you will need to transfer your miles to your KF account - call them up again and ask them to issue the ticket against the miles.

Keep in mind that while KF will be able to hold your SQ seats for some time, they will not be able to guarantee you seat on any other airlines while you're transferring your miles. So make sure you ticket as quickly as possible
Old May 19, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer,LM,JAL,AA
Any update on this? I am planning RTW and would like to know if Advantage space can be used for RTW award ticket too.
Old May 21, 18, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Only works with Saver space, unfortunately...
Old May 27, 18, 8:51 pm

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold
I want to do this from LAX if it's possible. Can anybody share their itinerary and some tips? thanks
Old May 28, 18, 12:33 pm

Programs: KF, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by troytos View Post
I want to do this from LAX if it's possible. Can anybody share their itinerary and some tips? thanks
you can read the RTW threads in star alliance section of Flyertalk.
Old May 28, 18, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold
Originally Posted by spk307 View Post

you can read the RTW threads in star alliance section of Flyertalk.
Can you please share a link? thanks

Search this Thread