SIN-NRT-LAX question

Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
SIN-NRT-LAX question

Dear SQ sages,

I am booked on SQ 12, SIN-NRT on one ticket, then SQ 12 NRT-LAX on another ticket. THe first is revenue F, the second is award F.

I’ve done many international connections at NRT, and I generally know how the system works. I have never taken SQ’s direct SIN-LAX via NRT. Do passengers go through the system as though it’s an international connection?

If not, if there is a sterile transit lounge, will my ticket be treated differently as it is two separate PNR’s?

Last edited by zrs70; Feb 4, 2018 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Assuming either no checked bags or they are through checked then you only need to clear transfer security (they will want to see the onward boarding pass or itinerary). In F you can then visit the NH F lounge which is only a short distance past security.

If you have checked bags that are not through checked then you might not make the onward flight. In this case you will need to clear immigration, collect bags, clear customs, check in before check-in closes (seems very unlikely), then back through immigration and security.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Don't worry, I did exactly the same thing before. You can easily checked-in for both flights at SIN. I have 2 boarding passes for the 2 legs and I just gone thru the usual international transit in NRT. SQ will check your bags all the way to LAX and you can use the ANA F lounge in NRT.
mileageking likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.